DaBurgh

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

DaBurgh

Postby Wolverine on February 6th, 2006, 2:49 pm

Have to say congrats! You are obviously a huge Steelers fan. I know what it feels like as I am a huge White Sox fan. Bet you were not thinking of youre twitches last night. My last question is, is how much money did Steelers fans put into the Referre pot. Must have been a lot. At least the pay off worked. Just kiding about those last statements. Again, I'm a White Sox fan so I know how the "beneficial calls" argument is so annoying.
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby ryanbabs on February 8th, 2006, 1:37 pm

I agree...the Seahawks got ripped...they may have well still lost, but that was clearly unfair...I don't care for either team, but that was wrong!
ryanbabs
Hero
Hero

Postby Ginlyn on February 23rd, 2006, 12:34 am

Hey,

Steeler fan here to. If you followed the AFC playoff's, the Steelers had some really bad calls made against them (colts/steelers game)

There was really only one "questionable" call.

The Seahawks had an easy time getting to the playoffs. The whole NFC is much weaker compared to the AFC (which is one of the reasons bookies in Vegas were all picking the Steelers to win)

Sorry, had to chime in.

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby Wolverine on February 23rd, 2006, 8:35 am

I would disagree that the NFC is weaker than the AFC. It's just a different style of football. The Seahawks dominated that game. They just shot themselves in the foot and the referees didn't help. Seattle was also out-coached. Now with that said, the Steelers diserved their win. A win is a win no matter how you get it. O.K. we cannot make this forum a platform for arguing sports because I will never leave it then. Between BFS and sports, I can talk about both of them all day long and not get any work done.
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby Ginlyn on February 23rd, 2006, 5:53 pm

I hear ya Wolverine.

I agree that the Steeler did not play the best, nor for that matter did the Seahawks (nerves, perhaps?)

I take solace in the fact the the Steelers beat the Colts (best NFL record) fair and square, with that controversial call that the NFL later apologized for against the Steelers.

Ohh well. Like you said, a win is a win. I was watching HBO's NFL program (with Marino) and they talked about how the officiating was bad all season.

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby Wolverine on February 24th, 2006, 8:19 am

Yes, the refs were horrible! Also the same way in college football. It blows my mind that with all the money involved in these sports that they cannot figure out this problem. I'm not saying the Steelers won because of the refs because the way I look at it, there was probably a game the Steelers lost earlier in the year because of the refs. It all evens itself out.

I'm a HUGE Bears fan and man did they get their butts kicked by the Steelers this year but I like to blame it on the refs. I don't want to give the Steelers any credit for that one. Just kidding.
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby ryanbabs on February 25th, 2006, 7:39 pm

You gotta remember something...the best NFC team this year was an AFC team only a couple of years ago...

Hope the Cowboys do well next season...we need an offensive line and a kicker (bring on Vinatiere) :shock:

I also like the Dolphins as well...

As far as the refs go...they need some help from upstairs (instant replay), and quit charging all these timeouts and limiting the replays. It should be automatic on a controversial play...of course then you have to "define" controversial...maybe they should just have a ref that always reviews from upstairs and is in contact continuously with the other refs.
ryanbabs
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)