A Holiday Card

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

A Holiday Card

Postby basso on December 22nd, 2005, 9:52 am

Isn't it funny how our BFS opened us up to a world so different than the one we used to inhabit? With its anxiety and momentary terror it has changed our outlook, allowed us to see, I think, beyond that which was just in front our noses. I am not going to write a long message, there are enough of my messages on the forum. I was just thinking that how odd it is, that through a "random act of twitching" we should be brought in to contact with persons that we will probably never meet, and yet with whom we have shared, in some cases intimately, the things of our lives. We have poured out our hearts, which was no doubt something we had needed to do for some time.

The "big holiday” is upon us, whatever you want to call it, or whatever it means to you. I would wish you happy holidays but I would not really mean it. That would just be wishing you a few tense days of shopping followed by more tense expectation, a bit of fun, some let down, and then...back to the grind. Instead, I wish that you will practice kindness, both to yourself and others. I wish that the love you have, and the love that others feel toward you will be as palpable as the ground upon which you walk. If you do not feel this love, then it is my fervent hope that you will discover such love. Further, what I would like to wish for you is that you will remember the inspiration of how precious life is. I would wish that your passion be unbridled and perhaps a little wild. I wish for you laughter, hugging, kisses and taking a chance on the most incredible gift you have anyway, namely, your own life. If you find further miracles then so be it, but this, I think, would be a most wonderful start to the "holidays.

warmly,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on December 22nd, 2005, 2:06 pm

Basso-
I love your writing style, and so appreciate your special holiday perspective.

For those of us who do celebrate Jesus' birth we of course know it is something to be remembered every day, not just once a year. And the love He taught us is what we celebrate the most.

You have shown all of us here that exact same unconditional, selfless, brotherly love and I thank you for it. Holidays will come and go, but love lingers. Love bears all things, hopes all things, believes all things, endures all things. Love NEVER fails! And you have proven that out day after day as you unfailingly inject hope and encouragement into the fearful, lost souls who frequent this board, (my own included.)

A most blessed and precious holiday, and every day to you and yours.
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on December 22nd, 2005, 2:22 pm

I could not agree more. Basso pure delight, and one of the few people I "know" who gets "it".

A beautiful post!

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Ginlyn on December 26th, 2005, 3:23 am

As a person that does celebrate Christmas, I try to live by the spirit and significance of what the man himself taught us as we celebrate his birth.

Compassion, kindness, charity and hope.

Basso, you were right on.

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)