Life insurance - death risk?

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Life insurance - death risk?

Postby JodiD on November 22nd, 2005, 5:10 pm

My company recently decided to give its employees $250,000 life insurance policies. 8) So a couple of weeks ago the insurance company required us to give blood and urine samples and be questioned about our health history. :shock: (Do you think seeing 6 different doctors in the past 6 months would cause concern?) Today I got a call asking for information about my neurologist so they can request my medical records. :? :!:

Now I'm afraid they're going to refuse to insure me because they'll look at my medical history and figure I may die at any moment. It's at times like these that it would be nice to have the words "benign fasciculation syndrome" written in my records. But, alas, those words don't appear anywhere. I know that because I have a copy of my medical records and have read them thoroughly. I did, however, see things like "Abnormal MRI" and lists of serious illnesses to be considered.

I'll find out within the next month whether they decided to insure me. If not, I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, not to me at least, since I would be dead and would never see any of the money anyway. :twisted:

Jodi, who is currently busy composing an obituary
JodiD
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby basso on November 22nd, 2005, 6:21 pm

Jodi:

See the following, there is reference to you. :shock:

http://nextination.com/aboutbfs/forums/ ... php?t=4602

Good luck with the obit; if you want me to write it I would be honoured.

cheers,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby JodiD on November 22nd, 2005, 7:02 pm

basso wrote:Good luck with the obit; if you want me to write it I would be honoured.

Just imagining what you would write is kinda frightening. I'll bet your wife and daughters are praying they'll outlive you for that reason alone. :wink:
JodiD
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby basso on November 22nd, 2005, 7:50 pm

I think the praying is for MY insurance money, although I am terribly offended at your callousness. :x

Harrumph,
Basso

and never mind the smiley wink, I hope your yard is full of leaves and that the Mexicans did a terrible job.
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on November 22nd, 2005, 7:52 pm

:lol:
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby JodiD on November 23rd, 2005, 12:41 am

I think the praying is for MY insurance money

Did they at least have the decency to feign sadness when you told them about the twitching? :twisted:

So I guess you've got me figured out. You could probably even pick me out in a crowd. Just be sure not to make the mistake of confusing me with Sela Ward. Happens to me all the time. :wink:

I might be able to spot you too.... If I ever see someone lying down on a couch with a carton of ice cream on his ample belly while holding a remote control in his twitching hand, I'll know it's you. :P
JodiD
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby basso on November 23rd, 2005, 8:21 am

My daughter thinks that I look a little like Dennis Quaid; I believe she means the laugh lines. Wouldn't mind having his money though!! :lol:

Seriously, since BFS I have indulged in more treats than I ever used to. I am like a pig at the trough when I see any kind of cookie: I really must start addressing this issue soon. Perhaps we need a new forum for people for whom one of the accompanying sx of BFS was gluttony :shock: ; and maybe another for lonely hearts too. :cry:

Cheers,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on November 23rd, 2005, 8:47 am

You are both so brilliant, lol. I am sitting here after a rough night, enjoying so much your bantering back and forth. I feel kind of like I am evesdropping on old friends.

Jodi, your posts are so wonderful to read,but be careful you might become as impossible a habit to break as we all find Basso to be.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on November 23rd, 2005, 8:49 am

Oh...... and Basso Dennis Quaid great...as long as they don't think you look like Randy Quaid you are in still good shape.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby JodiD on November 23rd, 2005, 1:06 pm

Hey Christina, glad you joined the thread. I sometimes feel guilty for hogging basso all to myself when he's the only one who responds. One can alway count on him for a stimulating response. It's nice to have this forum and on-line friends to banter back and forth with. I wonder what people used to do before the internet. Hmmm. Maybe they actually spoke to each other face-to-face. What a thought. We'll seriously have to have a reunion (or union?) someday so we can all meet. It'll be a twitch-a-thon.
JodiD
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Christina on November 23rd, 2005, 7:29 pm

I think we should have a twitchers convention...after the holidays we can start a post to see who is interested???? Maybe Vegas....we can harness the power of all of our twitches and light up the strip...

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on November 26th, 2005, 1:10 pm

I'm thinking Jodi's back yard for a conference, or maybe Christina might want to hold one at her mother's place. Yes? :idea:

Cheers,
Basso

Then again, Vegas might not be a bad idea. I'll check my schedule and see when I'm booked there next. "Basso Belts Broadways Best," it's a classic. Luv ya. :wink:
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on November 28th, 2005, 8:52 pm

Absolutely, lets have the convention at my Mothers. she will for sure have everyone twitching full out as she tells everyone what faults they have. It would be a great week for neurologists as everyone would be flocking to them by the busload.

My eyes almost never twitch. I say almost never, because everytime I visit my Mother they both twitch non stop for an hour in the car on the way home,lol.

I tried to download a copy of "Basso Belts Broadway" for my ipod....couldn't find it. You will have to just sing it here....

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby JodiD on December 26th, 2005, 7:39 pm

UPDATE:

I've been anxiously waiting to find out whether the insurance company will accept me. I finally got my answer on Christmas Eve. (It must have been the insurance company's twisted idea of a Christmas present.) The underwriters have rejected me :!: "due to a review of medical records." :cry:

I guess this means that I'll be dying soon. I mean, if anyone would know the actual odds of a person dying, it would be a life insurance company. So, since death is apparently imminent, I want to bid you all a fond farewell now, in case I die and don't have the chance later. basso, Christina, SuziQ, floater, alien host, and so many others - thanks for all your support, wisdom, and of course, the laughter. (Oh, and thanks for the offer of a gigolo, but under the circumstances I don't think I'll be needing one. Frankly, I wouldn't know what to do with one anyway. :lol: )

Fondly,
Jodi
JodiD
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby basso on December 26th, 2005, 10:48 pm

Better move to Canada. Long waiting lists but free health care.

Cheers, :D
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)