Bird Flu

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Bird Flu

Postby brianc1b on October 9th, 2005, 10:28 pm

I know this is way off topic but are some of you worried about this potential bird flu pandemic. If so, what are you planning to do about it?
brianc1b

Postby Arron on October 10th, 2005, 12:58 am

It seems odd to me that they now have a vaccine for this so called bird flu. CNN just announced yesterday that they have enough of this vaccine to help treat "x amount" of million people to keep it from becoming such a pandemic.

What seems odd is that there has been SO much attention on something that doesn't even exist! What also seems odd is how can they make a vaccine or something without actually having the source virus in the first place? They havea bad enough time trying to make the correct vaccine for the common flu every season and it isn't too uncommon for them to get the wrong vaccine on that one too!

In retrospect, what if AIDS decided to mutate and cross with the common cold? What if E-Coli decided to cross with strep bacteria? See any vaccines being made for those things that don't exist?

There are literally a million viruses that "could" cross or mutate. We make our own mutations every day when we take antibiotics for "viruses'" when antibiotics don't work on them, they only work on bacteria. It just makes your body less responsive to things down the road. This is why we have a multi drug resistant strain of TB these days.

It takes a year of antibiotics to treat TB but there are a lot of people that take the first few doses and feel better, then stop taking their meds. This causes the TB to become resistant to the meds and it comes back again with a vengance.

They only have 2 or 3 meds that work against TB and once someone has done this "cycle" on all 3 meds (which was common for street & homeless people), their disease becomes multi drug resistant and nothing works on it then. Now you get it and you're screwed. They have nothing to treat it. Tb spores can stay alive in the air for up to 8 days according to some medical sources, so it is HIGHLY contagious which is also why our prison system is rampant with it, along with Hepatitus C..... another pandemic waiting to happen with no sure way of how it spreads and no real treatment other than a liver transplant.

It really makes me wonder if they haven't already crossed the two to make this pandemic bird flu a reality to "thin out the herd" on this planet.

Even if you go back to the mid 70's there is documented footage of a senator or a congressman asking for an extra military budget to manufactire this new "germ warefare" that would render an entire country sickened with an autoimmune "disease" that affects the T cells and is very much like a cross between a bovine disease and a sheep disease. It had no "cure" and it could make something such as the common cold life threatening..... what they were asking for sounded EXACTLY like what the AIDS virus is, and some 5 - 6 years later... we had AIDS in a then, not so desireable part of the population!

Not saying AIDS IS man made, but of you ever saw that footage (which was televised numerous times a decade ago when people were speculating on where AIDS came from), you would sure wonder about it.

It is a known fact that the Gov. has done wide spread "germ warefare" testing on our own cities. One ended up in court and the plaintiff's won the case! Of course this type of testing was "only" minor viruses' and bacteria and then they would "monitor" the medical data from hospitals to see how well it spread, but one person died as a direct result of it and his family took it to court and won. It was even on the news a couple of decades ago.

Anyway, not to get into the "big brother is coming after us" type of theme here, but the reality of it is, they sure are putting a LOT of attantion on something that doesn't even exist yet, and may never will.

The most deadly substance on the planet is botchelism (spelling?). It is said that a tablespoon or less of pure botchelism is enough to kill all life on this planet. See them worrying about that molding mayonaise in your fridge? That's where it can manifest. See them running around trying to make a vaccine against it? I sure as hell don't but they sure are worried about something that doesn't even exist... yet.
Arron

Postby Floater on October 10th, 2005, 5:17 pm

we are all going to die sometime anyway. why worry?
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Schuey on October 11th, 2005, 2:43 am

Good post Arron. (and you Floater!)
Schuey
Saint
Saint

Postby puggriffey on October 11th, 2005, 5:57 pm

Actually, not to be a dud, but I haven't been around here much, and I'm making up for lost time...

I think you'd need to take that old mayo OUT of the fridge for the ufn to REALLY begin... :wink:

Glad to see you back Aaron. Great post...

JG
puggriffey
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)