How many from Europe?

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby d75 on August 24th, 2005, 6:42 pm

I think I picked mine up in Rwanda. Beat that.
d75
Hero
Hero

Postby garym on August 24th, 2005, 11:30 pm

Basso,

I'm sorry to tell you that yes, TLFS has spread to the Dallas area.....I know this because I've recently seen a member on this board from Arlington, Texas. Hopefully your wife can avoid contracting this disorder while in Denton. I would add that she should probably avoid the stockyards in the Fort Worth area as well. She could potential pick up something else there that we are famous for here in Texas, although it would be on the bottom of her shoe and easily removed with soap and water (though the stinch may linger!). BTW, thanks for clarifying the pick up attempt thing. I was worried.

Arron,

You actually might have seen my house when you were flying into houston. I'm lucky enough to call this area home, along with about 4-5 million of my neighbors..........but hey, it could've been my house.

Schuey,

The humidity is the worst part about living in Houston. But hey, we have great winter, spring and fall weather. The summers just suck.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby Schuey on August 25th, 2005, 5:22 am

Do you think you pick up Texan BFS just by transitting the? Or do you have to venture out to a mall?.....

Schuey
Schuey
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on August 25th, 2005, 7:35 am

I think it is a mall thing.......
garym

Postby Ragnarok on August 26th, 2005, 8:31 pm

I got bfs almost 6 years ago in Oslo , Norway.
Im 23 now, have had it since i was 17-18 years old.
Ragnarok

Postby Steff on October 27th, 2005, 3:52 pm

Sweden here, had it for 1 1/2 yrs now.
"I'm rich as long as I can see"
Steff

I'm also from Europe

Postby Nicki on February 2nd, 2006, 3:40 am

Helo

It's Nicki from Switzerland I'm also wondering why not many europeans are on this side. In Europe I didn't find a forum about BFS.

Nicki
Nicki

Europe

Postby Chris swl on February 3rd, 2006, 12:25 pm

Hi
Count me in i'm from the cold part of the UK , Northumberland.
May be there are lots more of us from Europe as many members have not given their location?
I am travelling to Spain soon (June) Majorca so may be i can take My BCFS over there for a holiday. The bfs may like Majorca that much that it may stay there and i can sneak home without it.

Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Northumbria connection

Postby CJH on February 15th, 2006, 2:55 pm

Spooky....

Holiday in Northumbria in October

Cramps in November

Twitches in Dec

Panic re ALS in Jan

Just booked another holiday in Northumbria next Feb must be mad will let you know if I deterioate.

GNVBFS

Greater Northern Variant BFS!

CJH
CJH

Postby Schuey on February 15th, 2006, 5:13 pm

CJH, you need to book your holidays on the South coast in future!
Schuey
Saint
Saint

Postby patrick on June 7th, 2006, 2:35 pm

HI, my name is patrick, and i am from Belgium ( small country jammed between Holland ,France and Germany) I got BFS since last year, started around june and had EVERY symptom posted on this forum, starting with twitching in calves, legs, back, chin, arms etc... Also weeks of sleepless nights thinking i was going to die of ***, not believing 3 very good doctors ( 1 gp, 2 neurologists) etc etc..... Then after weeks of self torture on various *** sites, i came across this site............ 10000000times, thank you thank you!!!!!

I still have bfs now but i can live with it. I dont mind the twitching that much, what bothers me more is the muscle pains and the fatigue.

This is my first post on this forum, surrely not my last, i hope i can help someone someday,like you nice people have helped me.

To end my post, some remarks

Where i live, i stand alone with my bfs, no site. no forum. no one that i know who has bfs, doctors say its all stress...

Its feels funny to me that somewhere in the world there are people who are having the EXACT same symptoms , EXACT same reactions , EXACT same fears like i do. Well i know i'm not alone, so that makes me feel better.

I was born on 27 july 1965, i had the impression that there are a lot of people on this forum are born in the sixties, coinsidence...

Thank you all again, friends of this forum, to read this post, and i hope you will forgive the poor spelling in my writing. :oops: I write much better in my own language (flemisch-dutch) :D

Have a nice day.
Greeeetzzzzzzz,

Patrick
patrick

Postby Schuey on June 7th, 2006, 2:49 pm

Hi Patrick, welcome to our forum! I am a sixties baby too and from the UK. I am so glad that you have been helped by this forum and I agree with you.... it is a great feeling knowing that there are others out there with the exact same symptoms, fears etc. We are not alone!

Schuey
Schuey
Saint
Saint

Postby Mork on June 7th, 2006, 3:17 pm

Hi Patrick,

Nice to have you around and glad to hear you have your fears well and truly under control. You started your twitching around the same time as me, so looks like we're both near to our 1 year anniversary.

Don't worry about your English, it's excellent :)
Mork
Hero
Hero

Welcome

Postby CJH on June 8th, 2006, 7:13 am

Patrick

Welcome also a Sixties baby!

However many diseases start in people's forties. If people are commonly getting the disease in ten years time for the first time and are fifty then we are dealing with a "cohort" effect from the sixties. However if the average age of onset remains around 40 or so then it is something about the way the body ages. Do not think anyone will be doing any research like this as it is a relatively uncommon benign (p....s you of rather than kill you) type of disease. Support here was very useful for me at first but I need it less and less now as I adapt to the twitches. Best of luck and wish you well.

CJH
CJH

Welcome

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)