How many from Europe?

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

How many from Europe?

Postby Pole on August 18th, 2005, 3:37 am

I wonder how many of us is from Europe...don't think it's a great number...maybe BFS is more american than european :lol:

All european users answer that post, please!

I'm first...

regards
Marcin (Poland)
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby stevepaul on August 18th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Isn't everything bigger in America.
stevepaul
Hero
Hero

Postby garym on August 18th, 2005, 12:39 pm

No, that's just in TEXAS!

Take care,

Gary
garym

N>CE

Postby fabfab on August 20th, 2005, 11:11 am

You are not alone !

Fabrice
Paris - France
"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things. " Woody Allen
fabfab
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Florian on August 21st, 2005, 9:16 am

Hi Friends,

iam the next one. :wink:

Florian....from Germany/Berlin
Florian

European Poster!

Postby JanT on August 21st, 2005, 11:41 am

Hi Marcin,
I am recently joined from Northern Ireland - am I the only one from that neck of the woods!
JanT
trying not to be a hypochondriac!
JanT
Interested
Interested

Postby Schuey on August 22nd, 2005, 3:12 am

UK for me.

Schuey
Schuey
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on August 22nd, 2005, 11:17 am

It was in England that I became addicted to "flakes" and "Guiness." Fleeing these demons I found myself in Italy consuming vast quantities of Vino and eating Gelato as though it were Manna. Extricating myself from further harm I turned to Germany for respite. After consuming 500,000 Bratwurst(with mustard) and a Keg of WeizenBier every day, it was too late, I had developed an irritating eye twitch which, I now know, was entirely European. I will admit that my initiation into the world of fasciculation came and went without much notice. Fifteen years later however, I was to reap the pernicious benefit of this unmistakeble European infestation with the rampant and unrelenting fasciculations that I now live with. As a carrier of this European alien I rue the day that I ever allowed myself to be lulled into the creature comforts that Europe has to offer. It is with the utmost affection that I blame Europe and it's citizens for the phenomenom termed BFS. Send us your cuisine, confections and alcohol, but please leave your pests at home. You were , no doubt, unaware that you were responsible for BFS and we forgive you for this, but I believe it is now, with this new knowledge, incumbent upon you to put a stop this exporting of twitches and pins and needles.

Sincerely,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Schuey on August 22nd, 2005, 3:41 pm

I'm sorry Basso, you are completely wrong and I have to inform you that I caught my BFS in Houston Texas on a nightstop. After a long flight over, Ihurried over to Greenspoint Mall, spent my allowances and came back and sat in the bar with the rest of the BA crew until 3am drinking a few buds (actually a lot). Next day on the flight home, my calves started twitching.

So you see it is not a European bug, it is a Texan bug. I bet more BFS sufferers have been to Texas than Europe!

Schuey
Schuey
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on August 22nd, 2005, 4:25 pm

Schuey,

If you ever get back to Houston, look me up....I (along with my wife...this is not a pick up attempt :D ) will take you to much better places than Greenspoint Mall. That said, maybe there could be a connection to the whole texas thing.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby Schuey on August 24th, 2005, 5:28 am

I understand that Greenspoint has gone really down hill since I stopped flying to Texas!

I have been to other places in Houston and I know it is a great place. I have had some brilliant trips there, but is is just soooo humid. How do you cope with it?

Schuey
Schuey
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on August 24th, 2005, 1:18 pm

Dear Schuey,

Having considered your response, I am prepared to lend credence to your response about having "picked-up" BFS in Houston. I have been studying this twitching syndrome of ours and now realize that there are 2 related strains of FS: BFS (British Fasciculation Syndrome, and TLFS (Texas Longhorn Fasiciculation Syndrome). As a Canadian I have been afflicted with the former due to the fact the Queen is still the head of our nation. There is a sense of decorum with BFS, that cannot be said of the wilder, more virulent strain of TLFS. I apologize for not recognizing this other strain before and simply lumping you in with the rest of the Europeans.

I am now also very worried because my wife will be travelling to Denton in the fall. Garym, perhaps you could let me know if TLFS has migrated to the Dallas-Denton area or not? ( This is not a pick-up attempt either)lol

cheers,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Schuey on August 24th, 2005, 1:58 pm

So if the BFS originates in the UK or Canada and I guess we will have to include the rest of the commonwealth to be politically correct, we could call it Royal BFS or RBFS for short? This would then differentiate from the Texas longhorn strain.

Then that leaves the rest of Europe. Perhaps we could call theirs the European Union BFS or EUBFS.
Schuey
Saint
Saint

Postby fabfab on August 24th, 2005, 2:00 pm

Yeah.
I guess we should have a referendum.
"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things. " Woody Allen
fabfab
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Floater on August 24th, 2005, 4:23 pm

Gary.. i flew into houston on my way back to portland.. is there anyone else besides you that lives there? i just saw trees an probably 1 house.. it might of been yours.. the airport was pretty nice i should say:) also last may i stayed in dallas for a week and had next to no BFS symptoms.. so the texas therory is out! :)
Floater
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)