Bikram Yoga

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Bikram Yoga

Postby Ava on April 6th, 2005, 9:38 pm

So, I went to a Bikram Yoga class - this is the yoga where they heat the room and everyone sweats while they do yoga. I know it sounds awful and my instinct on entering the room was to turn around and leave. Anyway, I made it through the 1 and 1/2 hour class which actually went really quickly because I was so focuses on trying to do the poses correctly.

So, I'm twitching like I normally do - and it's not worse like when I do cardio or weights. All day today, I feel super relaxed. I'm planning to continue with it, but it's too early to tell if it will help with my BFS. I'm drinking tons of water so that I don't end up twitching more due to dehydration. Does anyone else do this kind of yoga?

Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

Postby Ginlyn on April 7th, 2005, 3:05 am

Ava,

I do some yoga, but not nearly enough. Just a few very basic stretches.

I've never done the type you are talking about, but I've heard about it.

I purchased a total trainer/Pilates machine at Christmas. I really love Pilates now.

I do this in addition to my running. By the way. I just registered for my first full marathon in October. I have a training schedule for the next 28 weeks. Since my twitching is mainly in my calves, it will be interesting to see if they get worse. I recently ran the St. Pat's 1/2 Marathon in Sacramento, and my calves didn't seem to get worse at all, in fact, maybe a little better.

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby eleven on April 7th, 2005, 7:45 am

I do Ashtanga Yoga and Hatha Yoga. And I have heard of Bikram Yoga.
Ashtanga really gets your internal heat up, and it is a great workout. I recommend it to anyone. I dont know that my BFS has lessened, but my muscles are definitely stronger after doing Yoga for about 6 months now. I really like it. Oh, and I love Pilates too. I have done it for about 6 years now ~ off and on.
eleven

Postby Ava on April 7th, 2005, 9:35 pm

I plan to continue the yoga. It was the most relaxed feeling I've had since being on klonopin for a month last July. I'm impressed by how many of us continue to exercise and otherwise take care of our bodies in the face of all this twitching. Go Us!

Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)