What do we do when we're not twitching?

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

What do we do when we're not twitching?

Postby Davey on February 7th, 2005, 5:47 pm

I'm just curious. What do you do when you aren't twitching?

I volunteer to coach Little League baseball and serve on my local Little League Board of Directors. I also referee soccer games for our local AYSO district. It keeps me physically active and keeps my mind off other things ...

I used to practice Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, but I got to busy with work and my BFS made it difficult to keep up. Now I'm getting into Yoga.

I like listening to music. Right now, I'm into Japanese music -- koto and shakuhachi instruments. I always found Japanese culture interesting. I also like choral music, opera and classical. Recently was getting into Middle Eastern music and history. So much history there -- it's fascinating. I also study Russian and I'm into Russian culture and history.

I like reading. Just started to read the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. I tried reading it when I was a teenager, but "The Fellowship of the Ring" got a little dull (seems like it took forever to leave the Shire!) and I gave up. But seeing the LOTR movies got me motivated to try again. I'm also trying to read "Memoirs of a Geisha," since they are making it into a movie. (Is it better to read a book before or after they make a movie out of it?)

I like beer. Good beer, though. There is nothing like a cold pint of ale. I prefer hoppy beers, like India Pale Ales. Mmmm. Not as fond of stouts, but during the cold weather they can be satisfying. Nice pilsners and hefeweisens are good during the summer. Nice and light.

Life is fun, isn't it?
Cheers,

Dave

Proud sufferer of Cramp-Fasciculation Syndrome since June 2001.

"Do not fear death tomorrow so much that you forget to live today."
Davey
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Roger G. on February 7th, 2005, 8:43 pm

Kung Fu, Sounds great. I myself train in and am also an instructor in Okinawan Go Ju Ryu. I have also trained with the great Master Teruo Chinen. And also done a seminar with "Superfoot" Bill Wallace. I credit him for the development of my "Hook" Kick.
Roger G.
Hero
Hero

Postby Ginlyn on May 14th, 2005, 11:50 pm

I love to run, I like to hang in the barn brushing my horses (something about the smell of hay and horse *beep* calms me right down).

I like to read, also. I'm into reading American history, currently. Just finished a book called Patriots (about our founding fathers).

I also work with some grassroots equine rescue groups and a foundation called "let em run", working to keep the american mustang wild, free and protected. (BIG passion of mine)

Love to bake, cakes, cookies, anything high calorie and yummy.

I love listening to music, from rock to country to Andrea Bocelli, but really love old "Motown" like Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. etc.

and of course, twitching.

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby DeeDee on May 16th, 2005, 10:41 am

Hi guys!!

I am just trying to get back in the swing of things after the birth of my son and this darn BFS so it has been a while since I actually enjoyed myself.

I am a full-time school nurse and I have a real passion for the children I work with. I participate on the Relay For Life Team every year raising money for Cancer research.

I love to spend time with my children. I like board games and playing cards. I also love going to the movies and listening to music.

During the holidays, I like to make crafts and visit craft shows for new ideas. During the spring and summer months, I like to camp and fish. I love going to summer festivals and listening to music.

I also love to visit this site because I owe my sanity to the all the members of BFS.com It is because of people like you that I will enjoy the simplicities of life, once again.

Sincerely,

Deanna
DeeDee
DeeDee
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Schuey on May 16th, 2005, 1:59 pm

Congrats Dee Dee!

I have a 3 year old son and when I am not working, I spend my time with him and my husband and German Shepherd Dog called Schumi, named after the greatest German formula racing driver ever! Are favourite pass time is camping.

During the F1 season I avidly watch every Grand Prix race and try to attend as many as I can... very expensive though so have to make do with the TV coverage mainly.

Schuey
Schuey
Saint
Saint

This is neat

Postby dont on May 24th, 2005, 8:33 pm

I've been on here for over a year and have never thought to take the time to write about something like this.

I work full time for a health insurance company doing appeals. ICK!

During my free time I like to spend time with my 3 1/2 year old daughter Maddie and husband Rob. Just playing outside with her or taking her to the park.

I like to decorate and fix up my house. I like those home channels a lot!

I scrapbook which I am very behind on right now.

I like to read. I like flea markets, I have a very bad habit of buying too many purses in a year's time.

I enjoy watching CSI Vegas, House and American Idol. Go Bo!

I also enjoy spending time with my family and stay in touch with 4 of my friends from high school that I graduated with in 196.

This was a neat idea!
Karen
dont
Hero
Hero

Postby trae on May 25th, 2005, 9:07 am

I'm very into walking for exercise right now. I enjoy watching independent films and reading eighteenth and nineteenth century literature. I like to crochet and I'm learning how to knit. I am in college right now, taking my last class before I graduate. I'll be going to school again in September, if all goes well. Most of my time is spent with my little daughter, who is getting sweeter by the day. (I'm hoping we are starting to move away from the terrible twos! She'll be three in September.) I like to write, play instruments, and I always try to keep my mind active and young by taking classes and learning new things. :)
trae

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)