Poll: Your anxiety and BFS

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Poll: Your anxiety and BFS

Postby LeeNC on September 18th, 2004, 9:17 am

If there are enough responses to this ridiculously unscientific poll, I'll post a summary.

Just curious about this common thread of ANXIETY among us. My 4 questions are:
1. FORUM (yes/no)
2. NOW (1-10)
3. BASELINE (1-10)
4. JUST BEFORE (yes/no).

1. About this wonderful forum.... QUESTION: Has this forum allowed you to feel (essentially) sure you don't have something more serious than BFS?

Me: FORUM - Yes.

2. Now that you have been dealing with BFS.... Regardless of your answer to #1. Picture yourself, say, in the car at a stoplight with 9 other people in their cars, on a dull Wednesday evening. QUESTION: With 1 being the most anxious, how would you rate your twitchin' self among the 10 people?

Me: NOW - 1st among 10.

3. Your life's baseline anxiety level.... Again, you're at the stoplight, but it's awhile back in time - pre-symptoms. Heck, you don't even know what BFS is. QUESTION: With 1 being the most anxious, how would you rate your anxiety level at that time?

Me: BASELINE - 6th among 10.

4. Finally, remember what was going on when BFS first discovered you.... QUESTION: Were you in a particularly stressful period of your life?

Me: JUST BEFORE - Yes.

--LeeNC
LeeNC
Hero
Hero

:

Postby dont on September 18th, 2004, 9:57 am

I have a three year old running around and demanding things from me so I will just type a summary here instead of answering the questions.

I have been anxious since I was a child. My parent fought a lot. Very loud agressive fighting. I can remember it as far back as 2. I was ALWAYS anxious about everything. Them, being sick, talking to strangers, etc...

I have had health anxiety my whole life and had it for my daughter when she came and still do.

I twitched 12 years ago with panic attacks and this past December it was suspected I had something wrong with my kidneys. I went into full blown panic attacks again and by January 12 I was twitching all over. The difference between 12 years ago and now? Then I didn't have the net to look up all of my anxiety symptoms and I tookd Prozac and Xanax and got better. This past January I looked each one up and had myself dx'd with everything from MS to arthritis to finally ALS and that is when all hell broke loose.

I have had since March a normal MRI of my brain, my c spine and a normal EMG of one leg and I am stil anxious! It's in my nature and will always be that way probably.

Karen
dont
Hero
Hero

Re: Poll: Your anxiety and BFS

Postby whatnext on September 24th, 2004, 8:37 pm

1) yes
2) 5 or 6
3) 9 or 10; probably 10
4) Yes. I was sick and wasn't getting well as fast as I wanted to. I'd also made the mistake of diagnosing myself over the Internet. BAD CHOICE!

In therapy, I see that I've had health related anxiety as far back as my college years but just didn't realize it at the time. I guess it just finally got to me.
I will ultimately and completely crush, defeat, anihilate, and eradicate my anxiety so it cannot and will not do the same to me.
whatnext
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Poll: Your anxiety and BFS

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)