[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
AboutBFS.com • View topic - My Ice Bucket Challenge Response

My Ice Bucket Challenge Response

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My Ice Bucket Challenge Response

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 23rd, 2014, 10:46 am

If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Re: My Ice Bucket Challenge Response

Postby Nytviolet on August 24th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Fabulous article, and reflective of my own experience when I first suspected MND many years ago. The mind is a terribly powerful tool, and we can makes our lives a heaven or he'll on earth by thinking it so. I hope that many others will read this as well. Be Blessed!
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby elliottok on August 25th, 2014, 9:59 pm

If you think all disease is psychosomatic, I know a guy named L. Ron Hubbard who'd love to sell you some very expensive books.
elliottok

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 26th, 2014, 4:09 pm

If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Rothhaar on September 10th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Rothhaar

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 14th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Thanks for the clarification, i was not aware. Regardless of the label of the diagnosis, I do believe that it demonstrates the power of the human mind (like you said). The opposite has been documented to happen as well where completely healthy people are given a diagnosis by accident and they begin to exhibit the symptoms of that condition. In Michael Talbot's book 'The Holographic Universe' he gives examples of how even our modern medicine has different affects on people based on their belief systems. One of the examples he gives is on the American held belief that Aspirin is good at reducing the risk of heart attacks because of its blood thinning properties. Somewhere in Europe (I forget where) Aspirin does not have that same effect despite the formula being identical. Our beliefs shape much more of our reality than most are aware, individually and collectively. I highly recommend that book for anyone interested.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)