the scientific method

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

the scientific method

Postby wjjw on February 20th, 2014, 7:40 pm

Recent discussion in support forum with comments about scientific evidence and its interpretation (with regard to techincal details of neuroogy) reminded me of this article which I recently saw on a Scientific American blog. In matters of life and death, I always try to look at the big picture, and I've posted more than once as to what I think the evidence imples :-) Anyway, I was happy to see this well balanced commentary appear under the scientific american site:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/ber ... st-cynics/

I first saw this posted on the Skeptiko forum. When you need a distraction from neurological issues, twitching, etc., I highly recommend checking out Skeptiko and their discussions on the big picture of mind and consciousness.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Re: the scientific method

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 21st, 2014, 10:03 am

Thanks for sharing this Bill. I became fascinated with the concept of reincarnation shortly after I was exposed to and experienced success with forms of energy medicine such as acupuncture. I read the book 'Destiny of Souls' by Dr Michael Newton where he reveals his work in hypnotically regressing patients to not only remember past lives but also their conscious time spent in between incarnations. He regressed over 7000 people and found that once they reached a deep state of trance all recounted amazingly similar details about what the other side is like. It did not matter if the person was religious, spiritual, or atheist. They all said the same things. I was so fascinated that I decided to make an appointment with a hypnotherapist trained in Dr Michael Newton's technique. What I experienced forever changed my perspective and despite some traumatic memories was incredibly positive and inspirational. I even discovered that my development of BFS had ties to some past life trauma. I really don't talk about it on this forum but it did apparently play a role. I am currently taking a class to get certified in hypnosis right now. I want to help facilitate experiences like I had with spiritual regressions for others. That's how inspiring my experience was. Anyway, thanks again for sharing this Bill.

*Edit- On the lighter side I always enjoy this commic every time I see it. :)

If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on February 21st, 2014, 9:43 pm

LOL!!!

Good luck with the hypnosis, its a very useful skill.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)