A new slogan for WebMD we can all relate to

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

A new slogan for WebMD we can all relate to

Postby SecretAgentMan on January 28th, 2014, 8:58 pm

A new slogan for WebMD we can all relate to:

If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Re: A new slogan for WebMD we can all relate to

Postby emmie.s on January 28th, 2014, 10:06 pm

Hahaha :lol:
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby mwagner on January 29th, 2014, 4:25 pm

Love it!!
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby RachelLee on March 1st, 2014, 9:29 pm

AHAHAHA...I hate you, WebMD. :P I've diagnosed myself with a bazillion different deadly diseases from using webMD. I cracked up when a friend once said, "Whatever you do, never read anything on webMD. Of the many disease I've supposedly had from reading WebMD, a couple years ago I inadvertently diagnosed myself with full blown AIDS."
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
RachelLee

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 1st, 2014, 11:18 pm

Do you know what I diagnosed myself with on WebMD? I think 99% of the people here find the dreaded @LS, but no, not me. I had lived in the UK during the 80's when my dad was stationed over there with the US Air Force at one of the bases. As a result of living over there I knew that I was blacklisted from donating blood because anyone over there at that time is deemed as being a potential carrier for Mad Cow Disease. So guess what I thought the twitching and neurological symptoms were a result of? Yep, Mad Cow... And there has only been 1 confirmed case in the United States in history!! Just 1... This is how I know fear is not logical or rational. Because I could convince myself that I was case number 2 after looking up the symptoms on WebMD. :)
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby RachelLee on September 8th, 2014, 2:28 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:Do you know what I diagnosed myself with on WebMD? I think 99% of the people here find the dreaded @LS, but no, not me. I had lived in the UK during the 80's when my dad was stationed over there with the US Air Force at one of the bases. As a result of living over there I knew that I was blacklisted from donating blood because anyone over there at that time is deemed as being a potential carrier for Mad Cow Disease. So guess what I thought the twitching and neurological symptoms were a result of? Yep, Mad Cow... And there has only been 1 confirmed case in the United States in history!! Just 1... This is how I know fear is not logical or rational. Because I could convince myself that I was case number 2 after looking up the symptoms on WebMD. :)

-- HEY, that sort of reminds me of when I diagnosed myself with rabies when I was 12 years old after I (thought) that I got bit by a chipmunk when I stuck my hand down between the seat of a van. (There was a chipmunk in the van, and I felt a weird, stinging on my left ring finger, which in my head made sense to have been a bite, but I don't think I really got bit) anyway, after that, I convinced myself I was going to get rabies on the spot, and kept thinking my throat was closing up. My mom had to take me to the doctor and they had to convince me I was okay, and that I couldn't get rabies from a chipmunk. It still took me awhile to completely let it go. Needless to say, it's been 9 years, and I still haven't caught rabies yet. :wink: Though, dealing with BFS symptoms can drive me crazy. :x
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
RachelLee

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 14th, 2014, 1:14 pm

RachelLee wrote:-- HEY, that sort of reminds me of when I diagnosed myself with rabies when I was 12 years old after I (thought) that I got bit by a chipmunk when I stuck my hand down between the seat of a van. (There was a chipmunk in the van, and I felt a weird, stinging on my left ring finger, which in my head made sense to have been a bite, but I don't think I really got bit) anyway, after that, I convinced myself I was going to get rabies on the spot, and kept thinking my throat was closing up. My mom had to take me to the doctor and they had to convince me I was okay, and that I couldn't get rabies from a chipmunk. It still took me awhile to completely let it go. Needless to say, it's been 9 years, and I still haven't caught rabies yet. :wink: Though, dealing with BFS symptoms can drive me crazy. :x

That is indeed a perfect example. It not only demonstrates the irony of the slogan, but also demonstrates the power of the mind. It is equally effective to use that ability to help bring yourself into better health, but you just need to learn a new way of thinking. The subconscious mind by its very definition influences our habitual thoughts and behavior patterns without entering our awareness. Use tools that help you to change those subconscious 'programs' regarding looking to the bright side automatically vs. always thinking of the worst possible scenarios. Effort and repetition are required, especially at first, but it gets easier and easier as you progress. After a while it becomes your natural response to be much more positive and your life will reflect this. Like the quote from Eckhart Tolle says, "The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it."
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)