Page 1 of 1

Personal Safety

PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 12:10 pm
by johnnythejet
I just wanted to remind people to use good judgment when considering their personal safety on this site and any other Internet site for that matter. We all have come here for support, often in a vulnerable state mentally and emotionally. Members are not always what they seem, and giving out personal information is possibly putting yourself and your family at risk. I know it’s easy to gain emotional attachments within this community, but please use caution with how much of your personal information you allow strangers to see. If I request to be your Facebook friend tomorrow, please decline my invitation unless you know for CERTAIN I’m no threat. This great forum allows ample means for communication via threads and PM’s without the need to get any more personal. Thanks to John, Gary, and Arron for keeping it going!

Twitch safely!
-JohnnytheJet

Re: Personal Safety

PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 12:23 pm
by MissBehavin
Thank you John, for reminding people that the internet is not the place to use lax judgment. The sad truth is, there are alot of insincere people in the world :(

Re: Personal Safety

PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 1:02 pm
by Silverbullet
As for you a smile :D

Re: Personal Safety

PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 4:11 pm
by johnnythejet
MissBehavin wrote:Thank you John, for reminding people that the internet is not the place to use lax judgment. The sad truth is, there are alot of insincere people in the world :(

No problem, MissB. Just a simple, common sense reminder in hopes to keep a predator away from future prey.

Re: Personal Safety

PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 4:18 pm
by Silverbullet
You are an angry nasty piece of work and probably very depressed by the looks of it!!

Re: Personal Safety

PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 5:27 pm
by Ghayes420
Silverbullet wrote:..... and probably very depressed by the looks of it!!


Well if by chance Johnny is depressed, as you claim his photo shows, it was very kind of you to enter his thread and post your mugshot, thus alleviating any depression/lack-of-self-worth that Johnny may have been harboring. :)

Even with that act of kindness, I am not sure why you would be so defensive/offensive here in this spot with Johnny delivering a basic public service announcement about privacy. :(

Thanks for the head's up on the privacy watch Mr. Jet. Is is apparently necessary unfortunately.

G

Re: Personal Safety

PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 6:58 pm
by wjjw
insightful wrote:You are an angry nasty piece of work and probably very depressed by the looks of it!!

Feeling a bit depressed myself Johnny. Maybe we should discuss it over a beer. PM me with your contact info. :wink:

Re: Personal Safety

PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 7:09 pm
by Wells05
OMG martin HOW RUDE! WOW, you are soooooo out of line! John I think the world of you and you know that! Ash :D

Re: Personal Safety

PostPosted: February 29th, 2012, 4:12 am
by jerry2
Isn't here any administrator on the board who can lock access to the forum to harrasing members? I mean, I know phpBB supports that function.

Re: Personal Safety

PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 10:13 am
by Seepi27
johnnythejet wrote:I just wanted to remind people to use good judgment when considering their personal safety on this site and any other Internet site for that matter. We all have come here for support, often in a vulnerable state mentally and emotionally. Members are not always what they seem, and giving out personal information is possibly putting yourself and your family at risk. I know it’s easy to gain emotional attachments within this community, but please use caution with how much of your personal information you allow strangers to see. If I request to be your Facebook friend tomorrow, please decline my invitation unless you know for CERTAIN I’m no threat. This great forum allows ample means for communication via threads and PM’s without the need to get any more personal. Thanks to John, Gary, and Arron for keeping it going!

Twitch safely!
-JohnnytheJet


Just saw this: very good advice indeed.

Thanks, Jet!

Re: Personal Safety

PostPosted: February 26th, 2013, 10:37 am
by InzlKett
Sound advice--I never publish my real name--even on facebook.