Someone who is dying?

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Someone who is dying?

Postby german on May 4th, 2011, 6:40 am

Man, always something. I don't have a problem with you guys dissociative comments and the " shot at Jesus" was no big deal, it wasn't the first and it won't be the last. I wasn't even refering to you though ( he gave you this crap to prove how much you love him) I think that was what I was refering to. If you are an Athiest, that's cool, My brothers are agnostic and I love them and never beat them over the head with the gospel. They know what I believe and they still confide in me and we are very close . Athiests want to put the brakes on any conversation having to do with God, especially when acknowledging Him as a solution. This is the equivalent of someone without children telling others with kids " whoa, lets not talk about kids, some of us don't have kids". It's just a reality that it's part of many peoples lives. Everyone reveals a hint of intolerance when speaking about something they deny as a reality, believe is useless or separate themselves from. It's dificult to complain and keep it positive and free from emotions because these issues come from your core belief system, issues close to the heart. Again, I understand and it's no big deal. My refrence to growing up is accurate. You know as an athiest your a minority. The majority of others have faith. This doesn't mean I don't want to talk to you. Honestly it's pretty much the opposite. I'm simply saying Don't shut down or cringe every time you hear the word God in a conversation. Basically don't get offended. The fact is, Some have blonde hair, some don't, some love sports, some don't, some have faith and some don't. We are all wonderfully different either from things out of our control or by things we have chosen. I don't want to go on and on about this but I do want you to understand that I'm not using this as a pedestal to advance my spiritual agenda. I wish you well man.
german
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby aussie sufferer on May 4th, 2011, 7:38 am

cheers German...I hear you.
PS I didn't say I was an athiest..just said, by posting as I did, I may have been 'defaulted' to one. Not sure what I am ( and I had a Christian upbringing)....at my time of serious need I guess I will find out!
Lets move on.....
R
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on May 4th, 2011, 10:41 am

I was never offended by your message, more amazed :) I don't think that we 'shot at Jesus', Just have our opinion as you have yours. Aditionally, I do believe but not in something that was created by people.
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby anxietysucks on May 5th, 2011, 2:15 pm

What a great post. I can say I agree. You have to walk through the storm to appreciate beauty. for those offended by this thread, simply don't reply to it. That is your choice. However what german is talking about it having your heart regenerated once Christ has done that for you. You will not know it's happening, and you won't be able to resist it. Good for you, for posting this is a day and age when people are willing to laugh at you publicly for being a believer, and you adhered to a public porfession of faith despite that. Bravo! It's not our place to judge others and their beliefs, but we can absolutely support those who share our beliefs!
anxietysucks
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)