Numbness

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Numbness

Postby RobbieBfs on September 5th, 2010, 10:21 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by RobbieBfs on October 28th, 2010, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobbieBfs
Hero
Hero

Re: Numbness

Postby mommylondon on September 5th, 2010, 6:23 pm

This happens to me alot Rob, I dont work out or run so I cant relate to that, but in my opinion, it has something to do with the whole hyper-excited nerves that comes with BFS. Any pressure or weight that I put on certain areas will cause this to happen to me, I just posted about this very topic the other night. But it is very annoying, and seems to take me a few min to shake it off when it happens. Its just another funky symptom of BFS until someone tells me different. Take Care
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby ImOK on September 5th, 2010, 7:24 pm

I have found that if I relax my shoulder (pull down slightly the shoulder with the lats) and keep the neck relaxed this is not such a problem. If you let the neck shorten or cramp up the shoulder area it causes the nerve impingement. You just have to try to open up the area through either relaxation or stretching it open using the companion muscles. The feet are harder to deal with - but if you stretch out your hips well before and after that should help. Don't stop working out -- it is a hard road back and i'm speaking from personal experience. You just need to be a bit more 'mindful' about how you do it and relax in between sets.
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)