Hello

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hello

Postby Wolverine on May 27th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. It's been awhile since I have been here but I am still twitching all over. Oh well, I guess I have gotten use to it. Although today it is kind of bothering me and that's probably why I came here. Constant body twitches for 3 years now is getting to me a bit. I guess I am having a slight relapse. Not freaking out, but maybe a little depressed or frustrated. Constant twitching, twitching after I flex a muscle, cramps, and tight muscles is what I am still getting. It has not gotten worse or better over the years but I do have days that I don't even notice them. Just venting a bit.

Hop everyone here is doing well. Where is Christina, SuziQ, basso, Jeff?
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Re: Hello

Postby DoubleD on May 27th, 2008, 3:05 pm

Hey Wolvie,

Most of the veterens have moved on. The place around here has went thru some major changes. Physically and emotionally :)

Good to hear from you, but sorry the relapse. When you say relapse do you mean symptoms are getting worse or your mental defenses are down? For me things stay pretty constant except for the more I use a muscle the worse it twitches and feels. Certain days can be worse but 24/7 twitching always there. I also fight the frustration thing. Just this weekend I was bummin out about my "limitations". I have to keep in mind that I am also getting older too. :(

It is allergy season and many are having same issues. Maybe allergies are affecting you also.

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby Wolverine on May 27th, 2008, 4:09 pm

Heyy DD,

When I say relapse I mean my defenses are a bit down. Not that I am freaking out that this is killing me, but I am just annoyed. I know better by now to not let the ALS & MS thing cross my mind. Not a big relapse, just a little more emotional about it. But I think I'm over it already.

I can tell a lot of the veterans are gone. But some fresh ideas and advice is good for this board so that is probably a good thing. But I wouldn't mind touching base with some of them.

Reading some of the recent posts, I can tell things are handled and talked about much differently on this board than they were a year or two ago. But again, that is not necessarilly(sp?) a bad thing.

This syndrome does no limit me physically, just mentally sometimes. Sorry to hear it does limit you physically. I was always and still am happy that it never affected me that way because I know there are many people here that have that issue. I do get cramps, but not severe enough to limit me. I just ran a half marathon in March. 24/7 twitches are still around though for the most part.

I don't have allergies, but I do know how annoying that can be because my wife and daughter have severe allergies and asthma.

But hey, at least allergy season means that the cold and snow is gone. Right? Although it is 56 in Chicago today wich is unseasonably cold.
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby DoubleD on May 29th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Congrats on the marathon.

Even though twitching itself doesn't scare me anymore I still hope someday they will go away. Of course I am very thankful because it could be alot worse.

I liked your point on freash ideas. I try not to get too worked up over issues but lately I have had to flex some veteren muscle. 8) Actually it is quite a change that I am now considered a veteren around here. (Scary for everyone else ) :) I do miss a lot of you all, but have also met some good new people also. I think most of the vets just got tired of saying the same things over and over. I imagine some will pop there heads in here again in the future. I wonder when I should move on. My wife thinks I should sign off. I stick around mainly to help when I can. I kind of wait to read others responses to questions then add my 2 cents. Or I looked for unansweared posts and respond. I like to give back to this place and help the newbies that are scared like I was. Take care

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)