Cycling to work

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Cycling to work

Postby zekebcfs on May 21st, 2008, 7:24 pm

With gas prices so high here in the states I am considering cycling to work. Anybody else have any ideas. I have thought about doing it for a long time since I only live 6 miles (9.65 Km) from work. I hate to be the guy on you tube with all the paint balls or bear bottle over the head. Is anyone else doing this? Besides I need the exercise and it would make the workout part of my life and maybe just maybe one day wear the yellow jersey in France.... yeah right! Yeah I know you Euro guys probably are laughing at our gas prices and my commute distance.
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Re: Cycling to work

Postby Jens_twitch on May 22nd, 2008, 2:11 pm

I say go for it! I wish my hubby could cycle to work but his distance is 21 miles over heavy interstates. Anything to keep the cost of gas down this gas thing is getting out of hand. It might be fun for you to weigh yourself before you start and take leg muscle measurements before you start. Then after about six weeks into the cycling take your weight and leg muscle measurements again to see if there is any change. Keep us posted!
Jen
Jens_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby Richard on May 23rd, 2008, 9:07 am

I have been trying to get back into cycling. When I was a young man I bicycled across Iowa with Ragbri.

My workplace is to far; but fun places like a chineese restruant, subway, ice create shop, parents house, etc are within biking distance.

Great idea; I hope more Americans do this.

BTW I was reading this article in the wall street journal. Something about chineese people becoming less fit and having more health problems because of eating to much meat and driving cars because of their prosperous economy.

Our bodies were made for moving around; I think we really mess than up with our 'modern' world.

-Richard
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby zekebcfs on May 23rd, 2008, 1:00 pm

Thanks guys. I could not agree more.
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)