Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Push ups

Postby edado69 on April 1st, 2008, 9:07 am

Richard wrote:Hello,

I did 30 push ups last night.

I am working my way up to 100 push ups.

I try to do one more each day.

Each night after doing them, I invite my wife to feel my arm muscles. So far she has declined. :?

Just thought I would share.

-Richard

Where did you get Richard?
This has been a must for me for the first 6 months or so. I got to 110. From time to time I still indulge in checking...But at the least I do sets...I get better pumping!!!
Fasciculating from the 25/03/2007 (as accurately as I can recall!...)
edado69
Saint
Saint

Postby seanrblock on April 1st, 2008, 5:01 pm

Hmm lets see now. I was 171 pounds and could bench press 225 3 sets of 12. That was the weakest part of my body besides my legs...I could never squat a LOT of weight. But my arms and shoulders were super strong. I worked at a small grocery store and for wrestling I would do pushups in between when there were customers in the store. I did these day in and day out and yes one day I did 100 (well I counted 100 and they said I had 98...details details). Most of the time it was 70-80 when my friends were having me show off and the girls wanted see. But I dont have anything to prove to anyone here...so there is no reason to lie at all.

Here is the link to someone an AOL video doing 100 in a minute...when you see it its not that hard to do...if you are skinny and strong. But the difference between 100 and 140 (the record I think I saw) is a HUGE difference.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/100-p ... /574001748

Miracles can happen....if you only beleive...no wait...some guy thats not in the record books is doing it on an AOL video!

Ha ha ha ha!
seanrblock
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby TattooedMommy on April 1st, 2008, 5:14 pm

I cant do freaking 10 push ups hardly..never have been able too lolol :P kudo's if u can do 5!
"I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed".
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Postby Slavin Balen on April 1st, 2008, 11:37 pm

Sorry Sean but I can't accept it.
He really did 100 in minute but...(always is ONE "but" at least ):
his arms are too wide open. On this way is easier making more push-ups.
Next; his feet are too close. His position is irregular. My oppinion might be wrong. By the way my record is 70/minute.
Extraordinary fact due my age (52), isn't it?
Slavin Balen
Hero
Hero

Postby seanrblock on April 2nd, 2008, 7:16 pm

Oh yeah I will agree his form is VERY bad. It takes a certain body type to be able to move that fast, and as they showed me in wrestling the stronger your muscles are the faster they can contrat. I dont know what he was doing in that video, but I was always made to keep everything as straight as an arrorow. It always made it easier for me to take my nose down almost to the ground. He is dipping his head down...very weird! 70 a minute! I am 26 now and I think I could probibly get 40 (horrible isnt it!). But with the job sitting at my desk all day and being to lazy to work out, thats what I get! Very good...I am very impressed. Im sure there are people reading this that struggle with 1 or 5 or even 10. BRAVO! I hope by the time I am 50 I can still do 25! I had better get to it! I wonder how many Jack Lelaine can still do? He is an incredible person.

Sean B.
seanrblock
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Oh yeah I will agree his form is VERY bad. It takes a certain body type to be able to move that fast, and as they showed me in wrestling the stronger your muscles are the faster they can contract. I dont know what he was doing in that video, but I was always made to keep everything as straight as an arrorow. It always made it easier for me to take my nose down almost to the ground. He is dipping his head down...very weird! 70 a minute! I am 26 now and I think I could probibly get 40 (horrible isnt it!). But with the job sitting at my desk all day and being to lazy to work out, thats what I get! Very good...I am very impressed. Im sure there are people reading this that struggle with 1 or 5 or even 10. BRAVO! I hope by the time I am 50 I can still do 25! I had better get to it! I wonder how many Jack Lelaine can still do? He is an incredible person.

Sean B.
seanrblock
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Oh yeah I will agree his form is VERY bad. It takes a certain body type to be able to move that fast, and as they showed me in wrestling the stronger your muscles are the faster they can contract. I dont know what he was doing in that video, but I was always made to keep everything as straight as an arrorow. It always made it easier for me to take my nose down almost to the ground. He is dipping his head down...very weird! 70 a minute! I am 26 now and I think I could probibly get 40 (horrible isnt it!). But with the job sitting at my desk all day and being to lazy to work out, thats what I get! Very good...I am very impressed. Im sure there are people reading this that struggle with 1 or 5 or even 10. BRAVO! I hope by the time I am 50 I can still do 25! I had better get to it! I wonder how many Jack Lelaine can still do? He is an incredible person.

Sean B.
seanrblock
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Richard on April 5th, 2008, 3:18 pm

I have decided instead of doing 30 at a time at the end of the day to do reps of 20-25 periodically during the day.

I was to look good for my main squeeze.

Now if I could just do something about the spare tire around my middle. I do crunches but no results so far :(.

-Richard
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby edado69 on May 6th, 2008, 9:23 am

Richard wrote:
Slavin Balen wrote:Richard:
I do not believe but if it is a true join your special forces like SWAT or something similar. Fingers push ups meaning what; one, two or three fingers? If you are doing with one finger in my oppinion you are superman. I am surrounded by my security stuff, ex soldiers mostly and no one ( I repeat: NO ONE) can do 100 push ups in a minute except our Croatian kick-boxer, K-1 Champion, Mirko Filipovic a/k/a Cro-Cop). I have never seen fighter like him in my life. He is really fast and furious. Check out You Tube.

Slavin,

I only admit to pushing up my hand with my fingers. But anyone who believes I can do more; I will not argue.

-Richard

Richard,
How are you doing with your p-up?
Got 105 last night.
Keep going. I think this is good for us:)
Fasciculating from the 25/03/2007 (as accurately as I can recall!...)
edado69
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)