Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Push ups

Postby Richard on March 24th, 2008, 1:18 pm

Hello,

I did 30 push ups last night.

I am working my way up to 100 push ups.

I try to do one more each day.

Each night after doing them, I invite my wife to feel my arm muscles. So far she has declined. :?

Just thought I would share.

-Richard
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Re: Push ups

Postby TattooedMommy on March 24th, 2008, 3:53 pm

lol, I do push ups ...I have to do the girlie style..you know with my knee's touching the ground etc. I also have to watch out for my 7 month preggo belly.... :wink: I hope your doing push ups for your health sake and not SELF TESTING lol :mrgreen:
"I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed".
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Postby Richard on March 24th, 2008, 4:03 pm

PregnantNHappy wrote:lol, I do push ups ...I have to do the girlie style..you know with my knee's touching the ground etc. I also have to watch out for my 7 month preggo belly.... :wink: I hope your doing push ups for your health sake and not SELF TESTING lol :mrgreen:

OK, I give. I am now more impressed with your push ups than mine. Although I too am carrying a little extra weight around the belly.

-Richard
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby Richard on March 24th, 2008, 6:45 pm

PregnantNHappy wrote:lol, I do push ups ...I have to do the girlie style..you know with my knee's touching the ground etc. I also have to watch out for my 7 month preggo belly.... :wink: I hope your doing push ups for your health sake and not SELF TESTING lol :mrgreen:

Another thought. Is that a push up motion, or more like a rocking horse? Back and forth, back and forth. :lol:
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby TattooedMommy on March 24th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Call it something- whatever it is lol. It feels good tho. I went to my massage therapist today and boy she put a working on me. I tried to think of some hot tan man in the bahama's with good strong hands...and a nice breeze from the ocean and my hair blowing in the wind and I was lying flat on my stomach no belly....it was nice....OH! Did I mention that I "woke up?" :roll:
"I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed".
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Postby zekebcfs on March 24th, 2008, 9:08 pm

Richard how about involving both the wife and your workout routine!

You sly dog we know what your up to. Playing the sympathy card then working your way to a steamy workout!

I have to fold cloths and sweep before I get my push-ups in!
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on March 24th, 2008, 9:10 pm

Good for you guys, I guess. I think I know what you're talking about, but not entirely sure. Are we still discussing push ups? Because I'll tell you what, it's bad enough I have BCFS, I'll be a monkey's uncle before I start doing push ups too. What am I, a glutton for punishment?! But you all go ahead. Let us know how that works out for you. Yeah, team!

And Zeke..you and I just posted to this at the same time. Had I known.....Boy, you guys :roll:
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby zekebcfs on March 24th, 2008, 9:30 pm

Angie it's the way we are wired. It's natures fault! Men do not have the blood supply to power the brain and other parts of our anatomy at the same time. It very complicated and I would have to dive into fluid dynamics and male anatomy. However, God corrected things when he made woman.
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on March 24th, 2008, 10:25 pm

Alright Zeke, I guess we'll let it go this time. :D
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby seanrblock on March 29th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Well I used to be able to do 100 in a minute. Now its more like 30...31....im getting old....32....FLOOR! :D
seanrblock
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Slavin Balen on March 30th, 2008, 2:42 am

I am sorry Sean but that is impossible. 100 in a minute is almost World record, amazing, fascinating fact. Croatian figther Mirko Filipovic aka CRO_COP, well trained man, in excellent condition has done 120 in a minute. You are doing it irregularly.
Slavin Balen
Hero
Hero

Postby Richard on March 31st, 2008, 5:18 pm

Slavin Balen wrote:I am sorry Sean but that is impossible. 100 in a minute is almost World record, amazing, fascinating fact. Croatian figther Mirko Filipovic aka CRO_COP, well trained man, in excellent condition has done 120 in a minute. You are doing it irregularly.

I do computer work for a living, and consequently can type pretty fast.

I can do 100 hand pushups, using my fingers, in a minute.

-Richard
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby Richard on March 31st, 2008, 5:20 pm

One thing in defense of my push ups, is I do them all at once.

I have noticed that if I do 10-20 and then rest for 10 seconds I can do more. It is when I do them all at once, the last five are tough.

I was friends with a weight lifter guy. He told me that only the last few reps really cause your muscles to grow.

Now if I could only get my hair to do push ups, it might grow over the receeding hair line area.

-Richard
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby Slavin Balen on April 1st, 2008, 1:36 am

Richard:
I do not believe but if it is a true join your special forces like SWAT or something similar. Fingers push ups meaning what; one, two or three fingers? If you are doing with one finger in my oppinion you are superman. I am surrounded by my security stuff, ex soldiers mostly and no one ( I repeat: NO ONE) can do 100 push ups in a minute except our Croatian kick-boxer, K-1 Champion, Mirko Filipovic a/k/a Cro-Cop). I have never seen fighter like him in my life. He is really fast and furious. Check out You Tube.
Slavin Balen
Hero
Hero

Postby Richard on April 1st, 2008, 7:18 am

Slavin Balen wrote:Richard:
I do not believe but if it is a true join your special forces like SWAT or something similar. Fingers push ups meaning what; one, two or three fingers? If you are doing with one finger in my oppinion you are superman. I am surrounded by my security stuff, ex soldiers mostly and no one ( I repeat: NO ONE) can do 100 push ups in a minute except our Croatian kick-boxer, K-1 Champion, Mirko Filipovic a/k/a Cro-Cop). I have never seen fighter like him in my life. He is really fast and furious. Check out You Tube.

Slavin,

I only admit to pushing up my hand with my fingers. But anyone who believes I can do more; I will not argue.

-Richard
Richard
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)