Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Dare I sign up for this?

Postby Capital H on March 23rd, 2008, 6:23 pm

Capital H
Saint
Saint

Re: Dare I sign up for this?

Postby k9ck on March 24th, 2008, 9:00 am

i think it sounds great and fun, just remember not to internalize everything you learn and hear. But I think it will give you some knowledge that will also enable you to put things into proper perspective.

Good Luck, let us know what you decide, and if you go, what you learn.

I think it is a great opportunity.

Terri
k9ck
Hero
Hero

Postby TattooedMommy on March 24th, 2008, 11:02 am

Cap H,
As a medical student (Im a LPN, I do hospice). I would suggest that you do not do that. I believe that you have enough and have been through enough to want to add anymore "thoughts or worries" to your mind. I blame 99.9% of my Anxiety from Med school. I was a ABSOLUTE BASKET case when I was through. I applied my body to every disease etc! Because BFS brings sooo much anxiety and from your threads I See you have a hard accepting that there is "a not so fatal thing wrong w/ you", but something is wrong...I wouldn't put myself through anymore "learning".
I know its neat, but If I had a oppurtunity to further myself in nursing. I would not. As much as I love it. Only because I get way to emotional involved in the literature and w/ my patients.
I hope I am not sounding harsh, but don't open this can of worms :mrgreen: They are dirty anyways!!!
"I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed".
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Postby TattooedMommy on March 24th, 2008, 11:02 am

Cap H,
As a medical student (Im a LPN, I do hospice). I would suggest that you do not do that. I believe that you have enough and have been through enough to want to add anymore "thoughts or worries" to your mind. I blame 99.9% of my Anxiety from Med school. I was a ABSOLUTE BASKET case when I was through. I applied my body to every disease etc! Because BFS brings sooo much anxiety and from your threads I See you have a hard accepting that there is "a not so fatal thing wrong w/ you", but something is wrong...I wouldn't put myself through anymore "learning".
I know its neat, but If I had a oppurtunity to further myself in nursing. I would not. As much as I love it. Only because I get way to emotional involved in the literature and w/ my patients.
I hope I am not sounding harsh, but don't open this can of worms :mrgreen: They are dirty anyways!!!
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Postby zekebcfs on March 24th, 2008, 9:45 pm

When I was younger I wanted to be a medical researcher and practicing MD but while growing up I discovered I could not easily put up with peoples complaints all day. It proved to me that I was not cut out for such an emotional endeavor let alone then mental and financial commitment required. I still like the medical research part but I like engineering better because it suits me. I like PregnantNHappy would have made an ABSOLUTE BASKET of myself.
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on March 24th, 2008, 10:19 pm

Well, Capital H, I have been refraining from commenting on this topic until I could cautiously weigh all of the relevant factors involved, carefully consider the benefits-risk ratio and analyze what potential advantages this course may provide you with. So, here is my final tally on all of these interrelating components in regards to your case.......Dear God, No! Don't dare sign up for that course, please!!!

Your Friend,
Angie :D
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby TattooedMommy on March 25th, 2008, 10:10 am

LOL angie, I thought I had "put it nicely" :lol: DeeDee :mrgreen:
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on March 25th, 2008, 11:23 am

DeeDee, I think you and the others did put it in much nicer terms than I did, but I have a reputation to uphold for being somewhat blunt in my commentary. I know that something like that wouldn't be good for me considering what I went through with BFS, so hopefully everyone here understands why I put that opinion in the most straightforward way that I could. :D I don't want to see anyone here go through any more unneeded stress or suffering than what we've already experienced with this condition.
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby TattooedMommy on March 25th, 2008, 11:34 am

You did just fine Ang..had to give you some grief!!!!!! lol..I wanted to SHOUT OUT NO WAYYYYYYYYYYY CAP H!!!!!!! but I reworded it. I hope he only know's w/ warm regards tho! :wink:
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)