Thanks for the memories...

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Thanks for the memories...

Postby kit on February 14th, 2008, 1:27 pm

To all of you, this is to let you know that I am so very greatful for the support and the kind words over the past year. I hope that I have been of support and comfort to all of you as well. When I first came to this site, I was not an internet "chat" type of person :wink: but my desperation and anxiety with what was going on in my body drew me here first to sit quietly in the background, then to actively seek support, then to join in conversation and finally to offer comfort and reassurance.

I find that the forum which was always a source of comfort, with members who may not have always had the answers but always seemed to know the right thing to say, has changed. I am not sure why. I know that I have found, even for myself, that reading some of the threads and posts has brought me to the edge of axiety even though I know better. I have been angered at times by the casual bandying about of information as if in it's power to uplift didn't also have the power to devastate. This has become more about "what test haven't you had yet" than about "things will be ok". The question has been asked, where are all the vets? I am still young on this site but I know there are a few vets that feel that the energy here is more negative than positive and their efforts do not and can not provide what they used to. That is so very sad.

I want you to know that I am going to expend more energy taking care of my patients, enjoying my family and continuing to accept this condition for what it is. My husband deploys overseas in a little less than 11months and my time and focus needs to be with him and my daughters. My dad is doing well and I want to focus on him and my mom. I need to have positive energy so that I can convey that to my patients and help them, as truthfully many of their complaints and concerns are far more serious and life altering than mine. So that being said, if you need me, please feel free to PM me. I am happy to continue to answer the questions and concerns on a one on one basis as I have done for the last year. If there is something you feel I should weigh in on, on the site, again please PM me and let me know.

This is not so much goodbye as see you around. Please, try to be kind to eachother and make your comments as positive and helpful as possible, remember this is the only sanctuary for this condition that some on this site have. Take care with your threads and try to expend positive rather than negative.

Thank you all so very much,
With love and much sincerity,
Kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Re: Thanks for the memories...

Postby justcindy on February 14th, 2008, 3:46 pm

Wishing you all the best. Your posts have been very comforting and helpful to me. I am have been around a few months, but I can tell a difference for me in that time. May God go with your husband as he serves. I hope you will drop in occasionally, you have been one of the best.
THanks so much,
Cindy
justcindy
Saint
Saint

Postby DoubleD on February 14th, 2008, 4:42 pm

Hey Kit,

Sorry to see you go but I can't say as I blame you. I have been contemplating moving on myself. I have been bummed out about how this forum has changed in the past few months. To much drama and not enough restraint. It scares me for future bfs'ers that will go thru the als scare that may not find the answears, comfort and support here they so desperatly need. I remember how completely scared I was at one time. I still struggle even after almost 2 years!

I don't know if its a sign of the time or just a faze, but I hope things turn around here before all the saints go away. :cry:

“The love you take is equal to the love you make.” Paul McCartney

Remember all, to give as much as you take.

Kit you have been a great help to me always. Thank you very much. God will bless you for your caring heart. Good luck and good health Doc. I will miss you.

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby k9ck on February 14th, 2008, 5:15 pm

Kit,

I hate to see you go, I always loved reading your knowledgeable, informative support. It was always positive. I know exactly how you feel. Since certain people have come to this website, all they wish to do is provide negative energy and information. Always looking for a diagnosis, at the same time scaring the he** out of people. Because they cannot accept what their doctors tell them, they continue to leave doubt in others.

Sometimes I come on this site, and swear I must be on an ALS site. I always say where are all the good old timer, which provided a rich blend of support, they are all gone. You are one of the most supportive and knowledgeable individuals here, I am so sorry you are leaving. I think it is time to follow the path of the old timers. This forum has taken a path, which is very foreign.

Good Luck with all your professional and family endeavors.

Terri
k9ck
Hero
Hero

Postby Cardu on February 14th, 2008, 9:53 pm

Hi Kit. I agree with everything Terri said. I can't believe what I read here sometimes. I come here often, however, I just read. I have not been posting recently. I come around looking for familar people, but everyone seems to have disappeared. I love being here for new BFSers....however, the forum has changed.
To me, this is all a guessing game. We are all dealing with so many issues, so many emotions. Who the heck knows what is wrong with our bodies. I know that getting this pacemaker has put life into perspective for me. I still twitch like crazy.....but my heart is not popping out of my chest anymore...that was a real problem. LOL
Please take care, and thank you for all of the helpful posts. I have read them all!
Amy
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Postby d75 on February 17th, 2008, 11:14 am

All the best.

Our paths didn't really cross - I was never a "heavy" poster, and was pretty much gone by the time you arrived - but it's obvious how much you've helped people here.

From what I've seen over the years, the board tends to go through ups and downs. The character changes, according largely to who are the high-volume posters at any particular time. (These are typically small in number.)

I doubt that will change. People like to think they will stay here for years, but very few do. I suppose there's a natural life-cycle of your typical AboutBFS contributor. It's something like:

BLIND PANIC POSTS
>>>
SLIGHTLY CALMER REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION
>>>
UPDATES ON CONDITION FOLLOWING VISITS TO DOCTORS/NEUROS
>>>
SUDDEN (OR GRADUAL) DAWNING THAT THINGS MIGHT JUST BE OKAY
>>>
FURTHER POSTS WHICH EITHER SHARE NEW INFORMATION OR HELP OTHERS AT EARLIER STAGES IN THE CYCLE
>>>
LEAVE (OR VERY RARELY VISIT) ABOUTBFS AS PART OF A RETURN TO NORMALITY

That's healthy, but a couple of key posters leaving (or arriving) can make a big difference to the emphasis of the board - for better, or for worse.

All the best.
d75
Hero
Hero

Postby stillanxious on February 17th, 2008, 2:47 pm

I am sad to see you go, but I understand why. I am weaning myself off of this site, and much of it is a result of your reassuring posts to me and to others. You have told us time and time again that what we have is not that which we fear the most. We just need to listen. Your expertise has been invaluable, and your posts have displayed your caring nature. It was great 'meeting' you, and thanks for allowing us to PM you if we feel the need. New members will be referred to your old posts for comprehensive answers. Thanks again, Kit, for all that you have given...Enjoy all of the extra time you will have!!
stillanxious

Postby Chris swl on February 18th, 2008, 6:45 am

Hi
Im not on this site as much now myself, pleased i came back for this one ( I will PM)
take care
Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)