Giving Back To Yall, What U Gave 2 ME!

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Giving Back To Yall, What U Gave 2 ME!

Postby TattooedMommy on February 6th, 2008, 2:42 pm

First of all I want to thank everyone on this forum that has helped me get my head back together with this twitching. A lot that I am about to type millions of you already know but for the new comers I just wanted to give a little something back now I have more knowledge with BFS! I came here about (almost 3 weeks ago). I had experienced Head to Toe twitches. You can glance back to some of my forums and see. I had then everywhere. Head to toe..(privates and all). :oops: At the time I was on LEXAPRO A SSRI for prenatal depression. About a year prior to this I had another episode where I was on LEXAPRO and did the same thing- However I didnt "Google" twitching, so I didn't know anything nor did I worry. At the time I had that last year I also had walking pneumonia. Anyhow- I visited my OBGYN last Thursday to find out the SEX of my baby!!! Were having a BABY GIRL :P I am soo EXCITED! Anyhow, While I was there I spoke to him about my head to toe twitching. He is not a NEURO ofcourse but he had a lot of knowledge on ***. He first told me b/c of my age ot was VERY VERY RARE..he also told me he had heard of alot of patients experiencing twitching while on LEXAPRO. He also told me that the kind of random one poppers I was experiencing was NOT consistent with ***. He said those twitches are usually in ONE LIMB/ MUSCLE on the Body and its like a bag of worms under your skin constantly...never stops. (BUT! let me add to that, BFS has HOT SPOTS and that TOO can happen @ random with BFS). After speaking with him for a lengthy period of time..he took me off of LEXAPRO and put me on PROZAC 20mg. along with Klonapin @ night time or as needed. I dont want to take anything being that I am pregnant but the anxiety those twitches were causing were making me absolutely crazy. I was crying and panicking not sleeping..it was bad. Let me add that before I got pregnant I was on Klonapins for YEARS!!!! So he also said that a lof of my twitching could be coming from withdrawals. They can last up to a year! Well since starting the PROZAC I have felt alot better. The twitches have died down A LOT!!!!! Very soft twitches now like they are losing their power (make sense?) Then when I started the Klonapin- I hardly have had them at all. Klonapin is a drug that effects you neurologically as well as prozac. Each day that goes by I get more and more improved. :P I know this is a lengthy story..but I hope it helps you all bare with me. I have also been taking magnesium! Its a special formula for Expecant mothers! If your not expecting just grab ya a bottle of magnesium at the store. Tonic water too!! To get mushy for a minute. I have also started to read my bible and pray. God is the ultimate anti anxiety and the best physician/neuro there is!! :mrgreen: *Dont forget that*
Anyhow. I will wrap this up w/ just a few pointers for the Newbies and some oldies..To me the more I read the same thing over and over the better I felt w/ BFS. Here are some POINTERS:

- *** is a DISEASE OF WEAKNESS not TWITCHING!
-*** is a RARE disease and EVEN MORE RARE in YOUNG ADULTS!
-***Widespread twitching is the HALLMARK of ***!
-*** Percieved weakness is not clinical weakness! Most would DEF KNOW if they had clinical WEAKNESS!!!! IT would effect ur every day actions.
-*** twitches do NOT come and GO! Its a RELENTLESS DISEASE!
-*** do not stop when muscle is in action. (some may dispute this, but I believe it b/c the muscle wouldnt quit dying and twitching just b/c ur moving.)

I am sure a LOT of you have heard all this..but just wanted to re state some things!!!!!! Thanks EVERYONE again for your replies and upbeat attitudes!! Good fun SITE!!!

I also recommend speaking to SeanBlock if your NEW! He's VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE..and Jeliota as well. :P
God Bless, DeeDee
"I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed".
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Re: Giving Back To Yall, What U Gave 2 ME!

Postby TattooedMommy on February 6th, 2008, 2:43 pm

AHH POSTED THIS IN WRONG PLACE SORRRRY!
PregnantNHappy wrote:First of all I want to thank everyone on this forum that has helped me get my head back together with this twitching. A lot that I am about to type millions of you already know but for the new comers I just wanted to give a little something back now I have more knowledge with BFS! I came here about (almost 3 weeks ago). I had experienced Head to Toe twitches. You can glance back to some of my forums and see. I had then everywhere. Head to toe..(privates and all). :oops: At the time I was on LEXAPRO A SSRI for prenatal depression. About a year prior to this I had another episode where I was on LEXAPRO and did the same thing- However I didnt "Google" twitching, so I didn't know anything nor did I worry. At the time I had that last year I also had walking pneumonia. Anyhow- I visited my OBGYN last Thursday to find out the SEX of my baby!!! Were having a BABY GIRL :P I am soo EXCITED! Anyhow, While I was there I spoke to him about my head to toe twitching. He is not a NEURO ofcourse but he had a lot of knowledge on ***. He first told me b/c of my age ot was VERY VERY RARE..he also told me he had heard of alot of patients experiencing twitching while on LEXAPRO. He also told me that the kind of random one poppers I was experiencing was NOT consistent with ***. He said those twitches are usually in ONE LIMB/ MUSCLE on the Body and its like a bag of worms under your skin constantly...never stops. (BUT! let me add to that, BFS has HOT SPOTS and that TOO can happen @ random with BFS). After speaking with him for a lengthy period of time..he took me off of LEXAPRO and put me on PROZAC 20mg. along with Klonapin @ night time or as needed. I dont want to take anything being that I am pregnant but the anxiety those twitches were causing were making me absolutely crazy. I was crying and panicking not sleeping..it was bad. Let me add that before I got pregnant I was on Klonapins for YEARS!!!! So he also said that a lof of my twitching could be coming from withdrawals. They can last up to a year! Well since starting the PROZAC I have felt alot better. The twitches have died down A LOT!!!!! Very soft twitches now like they are losing their power (make sense?) Then when I started the Klonapin- I hardly have had them at all. Klonapin is a drug that effects you neurologically as well as prozac. Each day that goes by I get more and more improved. :P I know this is a lengthy story..but I hope it helps you all bare with me. I have also been taking magnesium! Its a special formula for Expecant mothers! If your not expecting just grab ya a bottle of magnesium at the store. Tonic water too!! To get mushy for a minute. I have also started to read my bible and pray. God is the ultimate anti anxiety and the best physician/neuro there is!! :mrgreen: *Dont forget that*
Anyhow. I will wrap this up w/ just a few pointers for the Newbies and some oldies..To me the more I read the same thing over and over the better I felt w/ BFS. Here are some POINTERS:

-*** Percieved weakness is not clinical weakness! Most would DEF KNOW if they had clinical WEAKNESS!!!! IT would effect ur every day actions.
-*** do not stop when muscle is in action. (some may dispute this, but I believe it b/c the muscle wouldnt quit dying and twitching just b/c ur moving.)

I am sure a LOT of you have heard all this..but just wanted to re state some things!!!!!! Thanks EVERYONE again for your replies and upbeat attitudes!! Good fun SITE!!!

I also recommend speaking to SeanBlock if your NEW! He's VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE..and Jeliota as well. :P
God Bless, DeeDee
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Postby Jeliota on February 6th, 2008, 2:54 pm

I'm so glad to hear you are doing so much better. And baby girls are the best. Congratulations!
Jeliota
Hero
Hero

Postby justcindy on February 7th, 2008, 11:42 pm

Congratulations on the baby girl------and you are right, He is the best neuro there is. I chosen
not to see a neuro because neither my psych MD nor my GP have thought it necessary. I am trusting their wisdom. I was on 40 mg prozac at one time and my system just couldn't handle it. I am on the same dose as you now and the twitches are drastically improved. Mine first started with a script of Lexapro. I too have gained much comfort from all the folks at this site. Even though I am not so scared anymore, I still come here for reassurance. Will pm you as soon as I can.

Cindy
justcindy
Saint
Saint

Postby TattooedMommy on February 7th, 2008, 11:49 pm

OneScaredLady,

I was going to send this to you in private, but why do so. I am not ASHAMED to say..That since I have been reading my bible and speaking to him and praying I have been such a better person and felt a lot better. I myself as I said have not been to a Neuro. GP, OBGYN, and Psychiatrist have not suggested it. Also, the times I posted on the *** forums they have not directed me to the neuro but said benign- Get anxiety under control. I feel God is the best NEURO there is and he know's my body better than any doctor out there...!!! I am thankful I just have twitches! It could be so much worse..like not being able to walk or hold my husbands hands or hold my neice and nephew. And again, today I was reassured even more that LEXAPRO is prob the culprit. He said numerous of his patients experience it coming on the med and OFF. Have you tried Klonapin? When I take my klonapin I have NO TWITCHING!

Someone asked I believe in this thread somewhere when the baby was due..July the 4th it is!! OBGYN said he wont allow me to go past that!!! I can't wait to see her!!!!! God Bless you ALL! :mrgreen:

OneScaredLady, keep me posted on the PROZAC- it takes about 5 weeks to get full benefits.
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Postby Jeliota on February 8th, 2008, 8:22 am

For a minute there I read this as saying you hadn't been to an OB/GYN. My eyes got a bit wider for a moment until I realized that the comma after "neuro" was actually a period.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Just remember when your little girl gets about three to keep in mind Proverbs 13:24. Cleaned up for modern times, "He who fails to correct his child fails to love his child."

Just wanted to join this conversation and affirm my faith in Christ.
Jeliota
Hero
Hero

Postby TattooedMommy on February 8th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Right on J! Withouth God I think I'd been long gone w/ these twitches b/c at the beginning it had me wanting to think and DO the absolute worse...and I'd deprived my child a life and my family. :D
Jeliota wrote:For a minute there I read this as saying you hadn't been to an OB/GYN. My eyes got a bit wider for a moment until I realized that the comma after "neuro" was actually a period.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Just remember when your little girl gets about three to keep in mind Proverbs 13:24. Cleaned up for modern times, "He who fails to correct his child fails to love his child."

Just wanted to join this conversation and affirm my faith in Christ.
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Postby TattooedMommy on February 12th, 2008, 4:53 pm

WANTED TO CORRECT SOMETHING THAT WAS BRAUGHT TO MY ATTENTION- I STATED THAT "TWITCHING IS THE HALLMARK OF ALS" and then said END STAGES. I was politely corrected on that. The HALLMARK is a distinguish- and the context in which i found that saying was misquoted and or taken out of text. I apologize- thanks for the correction!! :wink:
PregnantNHappy wrote:First of all I want to thank everyone on this forum that has helped me get my head back together with this twitching. A lot that I am about to type millions of you already know but for the new comers I just wanted to give a little something back now I have more knowledge with BFS! I came here about (almost 3 weeks ago). I had experienced Head to Toe twitches. You can glance back to some of my forums and see. I had then everywhere. Head to toe..(privates and all). :oops: At the time I was on LEXAPRO A SSRI for prenatal depression. About a year prior to this I had another episode where I was on LEXAPRO and did the same thing- However I didnt "Google" twitching, so I didn't know anything nor did I worry. At the time I had that last year I also had walking pneumonia. Anyhow- I visited my OBGYN last Thursday to find out the SEX of my baby!!! Were having a BABY GIRL :P I am soo EXCITED! Anyhow, While I was there I spoke to him about my head to toe twitching. He is not a NEURO ofcourse but he had a lot of knowledge on ***. He first told me b/c of my age ot was VERY VERY RARE..he also told me he had heard of alot of patients experiencing twitching while on LEXAPRO. He also told me that the kind of random one poppers I was experiencing was NOT consistent with ***. He said those twitches are usually in ONE LIMB/ MUSCLE on the Body and its like a bag of worms under your skin constantly...never stops. (BUT! let me add to that, BFS has HOT SPOTS and that TOO can happen @ random with BFS). After speaking with him for a lengthy period of time..he took me off of LEXAPRO and put me on PROZAC 20mg. along with Klonapin @ night time or as needed. I dont want to take anything being that I am pregnant but the anxiety those twitches were causing were making me absolutely crazy. I was crying and panicking not sleeping..it was bad. Let me add that before I got pregnant I was on Klonapins for YEARS!!!! So he also said that a lof of my twitching could be coming from withdrawals. They can last up to a year! Well since starting the PROZAC I have felt alot better. The twitches have died down A LOT!!!!! Very soft twitches now like they are losing their power (make sense?) Then when I started the Klonapin- I hardly have had them at all. Klonapin is a drug that effects you neurologically as well as prozac. Each day that goes by I get more and more improved. :P I know this is a lengthy story..but I hope it helps you all bare with me. I have also been taking magnesium! Its a special formula for Expecant mothers! If your not expecting just grab ya a bottle of magnesium at the store. Tonic water too!! To get mushy for a minute. I have also started to read my bible and pray. God is the ultimate anti anxiety and the best physician/neuro there is!! :mrgreen: *Dont forget that*

God Bless, DeeDee
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)