Kit's Holiday Posting

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Kit's Holiday Posting

Postby kit on December 20th, 2007, 5:36 pm

Well, it is time for another holiday and I could not let it pass without a wish for all of you! Here goes....

At this time of year it is never more important to bring close those you love. I wish all of you the merriest of Christmases, one that is filled with joy and warmth and love and hope. May you take each second of this holiday that is known for bustling and find some of the child like wonder and believe for just a moment or three that there is a Santa. Take nothing for granted and drink in every bit of the day.

As we move into the New Year when we spend time looking back over the old and making resolutions for the new...look back and realize how far you have come. And in the new year make your resolution one to believe in the good, discard the bad, love deeply and hold your loved ones tighter. I wish you health and happiness for 2008 and if we still twitch and cramp and tingle and preceive weakness in the New Year then I wish us all acceptance but not acquiesence.

Merry Christmas to all of my dear friends here! Happy New Year and God bless us one and all.
Big Holiday Smooches to you all!
Kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby AndyTwitchalot on December 21st, 2007, 11:07 am

bless you kit; happy holidays to you and your fam.
AndyTwitchalot
Hero
Hero

Postby basso on December 21st, 2007, 6:19 pm

Thank you for the beautiful message, Kit.

I love Christmas messages; I seem to be a sucker for them. In truth, I like blessings of all kinds, no matter what the holiday; Christian or otherwise. What I like is that there is a sincere wish, on the part of the blesser, to convey a sense of...well, I guess heh heh, "good wishes." A really good wish imparts a sense of hope that, indeed, the wishes might just come true.

Personally, I wish for the small things, such as: my hair holding on a bit longer, a nice cup of tea with a chocolate biscuit, walking in all weather, holding hands, and sumptuous kissing of soft, juicy lips. If love making follows, that's fine too. :wink: From time to time I have "big bang" wishes. Not world peace, because I don't think that is practical, nor desirable, I mean, who wants everyone living in harmony? Sounds dull, doesn't it? No, my big wishes are selfish ones. But then, when I truly think upon them, they don't seem earth shattering, not really. For instance, I don't really care for my job anymore, and am unbelievably desirous of change in this area. It seems a big leap to change this due to the usual encumbrances, yet, is it really such a big deal? Surely, if I have faith in myself I shouldn't fear such change, especially when I have impetus and inspiration a plenty to move toward such a thing. The wishes which seem big now, were but a stepping stone when I was younger.

A wish is a desire, and a desire is that first spark toward momentous living. It wouldn't do if a seed refused to bud, when so graciously given moisture from the rain, would it? From time to time, as spiritual beings, we receive such moisture, and like the seed who wishes to be a beautiful plant (perhaps a poinsetta :D ); our wishes will also reach fruition.

Merry Wishmas seedlings, :wink:

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on December 23rd, 2007, 10:57 pm

kit wrote:find some of the child like wonder and believe for just a moment or three that there is a Santa.

Imagine if we taught children, instead of Santa’s story,
The real meaning of Christmas, in all its awesome glory.
Then instead of giving them reasons to later begin to doubt,
They just might learn what real white magic is all about.

The birth that we celebrate some two thousand years ago,
Was of One who lived His life “as above, so below.”
Though He was clearly beyond the cycle of rebirth,
He chose to be born and He joined us on Earth.

He came not bringing peace, but Spirit’s sharp sword,
Healings and miracles He performed, at home and abroad.
Knowing that our reason and logic often serve to deceive,
He taught us to develop spiritual eyes to perceive.

Some say He came to save us from “original sin,”
In reality it was to teach us to contact the Light within.
He told us that what He has done, we shall all do in kind,
Radiating impersonal Love through an illuminated mind.

So at Christmas remember to also teach them what is real,
What some try to deny, do not be afraid to reveal.
Plant the seeds in their minds and to the Son give birth,
Because it is through us that Our Father walks on the Earth.

Have a Merry Christmas,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on December 26th, 2007, 10:27 am

To all of you.....so beautiful.

Thanks!!

Love,

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)