Where are all the ex BFS'ers?

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Where are all the ex BFS'ers?

Postby Kris61 on December 6th, 2007, 5:31 pm

Hi all you dear friends.... because that is what we call ourselves, right? :D

Well, I would like to know if there are others out there that wonder what happened to the ones we suddenly don't hear from any more?

I'm new here so I've been reading alot of old posts and when a BFS-sufferer suddenly doesn't post any more, I wonder if their twitches just disappeared......?

I know some of you actually do post after several years and I really feel comforted by this because I really need to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that these twitches might stop one day.

So if any of you ex BFS'ers read this forum once in a while, please post a note to let us all know how you're doing!

Take care ~ Kris
"THE TRUE MIRACLE IS NOT WALKING ON AIR OR WATER ~ BUT WALKING ON EARTH"
Kris61

Postby Cardu on December 7th, 2007, 8:52 am

Hi Kris. I can't say I'm an ex-BFSer. I have been at this for over 3 years. I am here alot. I think this does not consume my whole life anymore, so I'm not here as often. Working full time with 2 kids, I'm lucky to get on here at all.
As far as my symptoms, they are still here. Actually new ones are coming all the time. My newest is the twitching in my neck.
I found this fourm a long time after my symptoms started, which was unfortunate for me. I'm sure glad I found these wonderful people here.
I will try to post more often. Not that I have much to offer! LOL
Amy
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on December 8th, 2007, 11:58 am

Hi Kris,

I am an old-timer. I am still here, just not as much as I used to be....because I am busy in the pursuit of happiness.

I am not twitching at all at the moment. I do have remissions though, so I am sure that it will be back.....difference now is that it will not throw me into a panic, because I know that it is BFS. In fact I didn't think about twitches till I read you post, and realized that I have not twitched in a long time (it might be month's.)

Twitching can, and does go away sometimes.....

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Wolverine on December 10th, 2007, 12:20 pm

Karen,

I have been away a while but used to be a frequent poster.

I think the reason for me for basically disappearing is that this syndrom does not consume my every thought anymore. Actually, I rarely think about it at all.

I still do twitch sometimes, but really don't notice it. And I know it has subsided drastically since my fear has gone away. I actually think I have twitched for many years, but until I googled it, it never scared me.

I am over the fear of this now. I know it won't kill me. Therefore, that is why I don't post to this site as often.

I actually went off my Zoloft about 2 months ago and I feel great. Before, when I tried to get off this medicine, my anxiety came back within days. Not this time. I am so excited. I hate taking drugs and I know this is a huge sign that I am over this.

With that said, this site was a huge part of my life for 1 1/2 years when I weas freaked out over this. Therefore, I still come and read many posts here, but I don't post as much.

So even thought old posters are not posting like they used to does not mean they are not here.

You will get to this point also.
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby Wolverine on December 10th, 2007, 12:23 pm

Opps, sorry. Your name is Kris not Karen. Sorry.
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby Capital H on December 10th, 2007, 3:33 pm

I suppose I will be off soon too, packing my trunk and away into the blue beyond.

It looks like I will see another Christmas after all :D

I just don't have the anxieties like I had when I joined this forum. Probably that is where others are too, and so have moved on.

Unless something really nasty comes out of the MRI, (in which case I will come back to scare the pants of everybody) I am in a position of resigned acceptance. Maybe no-one will ever get to the bottom of this.

I wonder why the waiting lists to see the neuro are so long, they are probably full up with people like us. :oops:
Capital H
Saint
Saint

Postby twitchmebaby on December 10th, 2007, 3:47 pm

Capital H wrote:resigned acceptance.

I like it, we should change the name of this forum to the Resigned Acceptance Syndrome forum.
twitchmebaby
Saint
Saint

Postby JMan on December 19th, 2007, 12:37 am

Capital H--I'm really pleased to see that you have resigned yourself to sticking around this big blue ball for awhile. You had me sort of worried about you for awhile there. Just goes to show that no matter how bad things may look at times, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. A Merry X-mas to all of you.

J.
JMan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)