Since this all started, seem to lose friends

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Since this all started, seem to lose friends

Postby zorgus on December 3rd, 2007, 10:23 pm

Since this neurological mess started, I seem to have lost friends. I lost my g.f., I lost a close musician friend of mine. I sought out my friends to help me with this disabling mess. I feel lonely and I don't really know where to turn for support. Please don't misinterpret me, the AboutBFS has been wonderful, but since I am isolated, aging parents, divorced with children in another state, I feel sad most of the time. This computer is my only friend.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm so isolated.

:(
zorgus

Postby Angie on December 3rd, 2007, 11:30 pm

After my BFS started the grant funding ran out of my job, so I lost that. Then my dog died and my best friend moved away. That's not even all that happened and I wish I were kidding! Not to mention that when you body is acting all funky it doesn't really put you in the mind to socialize. That two month long eyelid twitch that I had could have potentially drawn the wrong type of attention altogther. Maybe you and I can write a country music song together. :lol: This too shall pass, so hang in there. I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon. Until then, you'll have to make due with us, but we're not all bad. (Just some of us and most of that is by choice!)

Take Care,
Angie
Cramp-fasciculation syndrome: a treatable hyperexcitable peripheral nerve disorder.
Neurology. 1991 Jul;41(7):1021-4 Tahmoush AJ, et al.
"muscle aching, cramps, stiffness, exercise intolerance, and peripheral nerve hyper excitability"
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby tewest99 on December 4th, 2007, 2:34 am

Lemme see ... lost my job, wife ran off, brother told me to commit suicide, sister told me I was possessed ... um ... yah, been there. But, it's the best place to be becuase at some point you finally figure out that you are not in control of your circumstances and when you reach that point, you are able to find strength outside of yourself. For me, that strength came from a God that I intially didn't trust and didn't beleieve could ever love me for a second. Then He proved me wrong and resotred me. It's taken 2 years but I had a lot of things that I needed to let go of and if He took them all away too fast or restored them too fast, I might be tempted to think that I had something to do with it. But in actuality, my best laid plans were the ones I accepted, not the ones I made myself ...

Hope things turn up for you. There are a lot of great shoulders to cry on here :-) But don't forget to share your up-times with us too. If you're having a reat day just hop on the forum and say .. HEY, I'M HAVING A GREAT DAY !!! And well all celebrate with you :-)

God bless,
Troy
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on December 4th, 2007, 10:53 am

Troy, you put my country music idea to shame! :wink: What a beautiful post and very wise advise! So nice to hear how you've recovered.
Take Care,
Angie
Cramp-fasciculation syndrome: a treatable hyperexcitable peripheral nerve disorder.
Neurology. 1991 Jul;41(7):1021-4 Tahmoush AJ, et al.
"muscle aching, cramps, stiffness, exercise intolerance, and peripheral nerve hyper excitability"
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby tewest99 on December 4th, 2007, 6:39 pm

At least your country music idea has the potential to make money ;-) But truthfully, I'd like to star in a Freedom Rock commercial !!!
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on December 5th, 2007, 10:44 am

Hi
Zogus
Hey! you don't need friends like that anyway. You now have new freinds lots of them on this site, me for one. E mail me anytime you feel low or need a friend, bud, I'm here for you.
I may take some time to answer due to work lately but i will respond asap. Keep your chin up.

Take Care
Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)