Elvis ??

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Elvis ??

Postby Chris swl on December 1st, 2007, 8:26 am

Hi Friends

Well friends, tonight I’m off to see a show, The Elvis Collection, staring Steve Mc Gregor, along with a ten piece band,, tech sound and the Las Vegas backing singers. Burning Live! At Newcastle Upon Tyne UK.

All the way from across the pond, yes, The united States of America.
It is a show dedicated to that great American Idol Elvis Presley.

I just wondered what my American friends, (or Anyone else )really thought of Elvis, as I have been watching a documentary on Elvis, and he certainly seemed to have an impact on the music world over there. Seemingly he could not be shown on TV from the chest down, as shacking his stuff was classed as offensive. Wow! How times have changed.
They would have locked the *beep* cat dolls up for life back then! Then again so would I, (lock them up in my house that is, with me!!)

Was Elvis broke, was he on the verge of bankruptcy? How?
Looking at him in his 68 come back and then seeing him a year before he died was such a change. This was on DVD, I am not that old!

What happened to this great American Idol? Was his fame to much to handle?

To think some one born well over a half century ago 1940s and is still massive in the music industry is a tremendous achievement. He must have had something special.

OH! looking at his lip he may of had BFS too, who knows

Take care
Chris Sewell, (swl)
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on December 1st, 2007, 7:13 pm

Have a great time Chris! People still make the treck to Graceland, you know, and love him to this day over here. I've heard he was a very generous person who never forgot a friend, so I'm not surprised you like him. Have a fried Banana and PB sandwhich after the concert to celebrate! :wink:
Angie
Cramp-fasciculation syndrome: a treatable hyperexcitable peripheral nerve disorder.
Neurology. 1991 Jul;41(7):1021-4 Tahmoush AJ, et al.
"muscle aching, cramps, stiffness, exercise intolerance, and peripheral nerve hyper excitability"
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on December 2nd, 2007, 10:21 am

Hi Angie
Cheers Angie, unfortunately Elvis would have turned in his grave, had he seen the show I saw. He was absolutely chronic. He was a cheep karaoke singer at the best.
Wow! To think I paid money for that!
I left at the interval, as did many others. His backing singers and band were mint. If I was them, I think I would sack their Elvis. He was not, all shook up, at all.
I think they should. return him to sender. I also think there was some, suspicious minds in that audience. Oh can’t go on!

There has bee a show on TV over here in the UK searching for the best Elvis impersonator and a guy from the USA won. I think he was from you State, PA, in the USA.
I can’t remember his name though. He was mint.

Well as they say, you live and learn! Never again.

Chris
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on December 2nd, 2007, 8:15 pm

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Chris! Like I told you, my Beatles impersonators weren't quite up to par, either. The poor John Lennon. He was a having a hard time of it and not quite looking the part. If I hear of the renowned PA Elvis impersonator in my area, I will let you know. :D
Talk to you soon,
Angie
Cramp-fasciculation syndrome: a treatable hyperexcitable peripheral nerve disorder.
"muscle aching, cramps, stiffness, exercise intolerance, and peripheral nerve hyper excitability"
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby Alayne on December 3rd, 2007, 1:58 pm

Maybe if "Elvis" was abandoned by his backing group, he'd be "Lonely this Christmas" Sorry! :oops:
Alayne
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby basso on December 3rd, 2007, 2:02 pm

I have this on good authority that Elvis is lives in Vatican City in the same apartment as John Paul II. That's right, they are both alive and receive daily massages from handsome young men in the Swiss Guard. :wink: :wink:

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Jens_twitch on December 3rd, 2007, 2:24 pm

I completely agree with Basso Elvis IS still alive although last I heard he was living at a ski resort somewhere in Colorado!
Jens_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby Angie on December 3rd, 2007, 11:35 pm

I am having a hard time not making a joke here Basso, so I want you to know I have just earned some friendship credits with my restraint (that I use too infrequently obviously). I was going to post on that topic too when I though of it later, but you guys beat me to it. You're too quick. :lol:
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on December 4th, 2007, 12:36 pm

Hi
Yeh. Clorado, i'll go for that. I can imagin him with ski fitted to his wheel chair, wizzing down the slope, Singing as he did in his films. But what song woiuld he be singing?

Come on Angie, it's fine. you must have a joke somewhere. Go for it.

Chris
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on December 4th, 2007, 2:22 pm

Ok Chris, as long as Basso forgives me. I'll send him to you if he gets mad, but I was going say Basso knows that Elvis is lives in Vatican City in the same apartment as John Paul II and receives daily massages from handsome young men in the Swiss Guard because that's where he spends his summer vacations. That's quite a picture, isn't it? :lol:
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on December 4th, 2007, 5:27 pm

I haven't the least interest in men, sexual or otherwise, at least not since I got out of prison. I once played Mrs. Santa Claus in elementary school, and I found that most freeing. I put on one of my sisters dresses and felt for all the world that I was a little woman. I stole the show, and of course, the poor boy who played Santa found out young what it was like to be bytched at from here to eternity. I believe that turned him against marriage and at last I heard he had become an impersonator to one of the Village People. That is sad too, as he had a speech impediment, and would sing, Y M Thee A. Well, instead of sounding like a macho homosexual, he sounded like quite the gay boy. Ah, the travails of being in the biz. Anyway, I met the pope once and instead of talking about the fruit of the womb it was all the fruit of the loom. "Basso," he said, "would mind picking up the Eucharist?" Well, I was wise to that one from my prison days...so heck ya, I picked the darn wafer up. He enjoyed the view but was too old for much else. The real kicker was, I got that stupid wafer stuck on the roof of my mouth, and try as I might, I could not dislodge it. I did eventually extricate the damm thing, but not after giving my self TMJ from doing the most unbelievable of tongue contortions. Anyway, I just wanted to set the record straight that I would decline a Swiss Guard for a Swiss Miss, any day. :wink:

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on December 4th, 2007, 7:25 pm

Somehow I should have known you wouldn't care Basso. You are so funny I am laughing out loud alone with just the dogs staring at me. Maybe I should read it aloud to them so they can enjoy it, too. :lol:
Angie
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on December 5th, 2007, 10:38 am

Hi
Good one Angie! Wow Basoo what an interesting life you have had,Mmm, M.
I went to Italy., some years back Trying out the local night life, as you do! I asked the barman for a glass of what the pope drinks. He pored me out a minuet glass of green liquid, and said he has one of these at mass on Sundays. Mmm, I said after tasting it. Give me the bottle, in fact I’ll have two bottles. The next morning when I woke up i had such a bad head and could not walk straight and was seing double, for hours.
But at least I now know why they carry him around in that pope chair.
JOKE!!

TTFN
Chris
Last edited by Chris swl on December 6th, 2007, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Jens_twitch on December 5th, 2007, 10:46 am

I am wondering how Basso would look in Blue Suede shoes?
Jens_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby Angie on December 5th, 2007, 12:59 pm

One more thing, even though it was extraordinarily hilarious, I was very, very wrong for laughing at Basso's 'joke' :?: and now feel a great deal of Catholic guilt about it. My son is in Catholic School at this very moment, in fact! Now I will have to bring Basso's reply with me to Confession this weekend so I can read it aloud and confess for my having laughed so enthusiastically yesterday at the church. No one loves Catholic jokes more than a Catholic, however, so I'm sure they'll understand. :lol:
Angie
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)