A Day Without ALS?

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

A Day Without ALS?

Postby Angie on November 12th, 2007, 9:49 am

Here's an idea- especially for those of us who have already gone through the experience of having an EMG and everything was ruled just fine. What if we didn't mention ALS at all for one whole day in reference to either negating a symptoms signifigance or for any other reason. What if we didn't mention it at all to ourselves at all for one whole day? What would happen? Could we do it?

Those who haven't had an EMG and are scared, we can tell them that BFS is the most common cause of twitching, according to many a neurologist including my own.

Could we do it and what do you think would happen?
Cramp-fasciculation syndrome: a treatable hyperexcitable peripheral nerve disorder.
Neurology. 1991 Jul;41(7):1021-4 Tahmoush AJ, et al.
"muscle aching, cramps, stiffness, exercise intolerance, and peripheral nerve hyper excitability"
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on November 13th, 2007, 8:02 am

No takers? :wink:
Cramp-fasciculation syndrome: a treatable hyperexcitable peripheral nerve disorder.
"muscle aching, cramps, stiffness, exercise intolerance, and peripheral nerve hyper excitability"
Angie
Saint
Saint

Takers?

Postby Nicko on November 13th, 2007, 8:52 am

Hi Angie,

I have just read your post and I think that this is a great idea. The mind/body link is so powerful and your suggestion would prevent many people from experiencing negativity related to BFS. Sometimes we all need a little encouragement to think differently.

Keep up the good work. :D
Regards

Nicko
Nicko

Postby Jeliota on November 13th, 2007, 11:15 am

When I can go a day without thinking of ALS, I will be well. Currently, I think about it approximately 5 times per minute.

I would pay good money to be able to do what you ask.
Jeliota
Hero
Hero

Postby Angie on November 13th, 2007, 4:13 pm

One you get you clean EMG, you have to force yourself to focus on what the real possibilites for your condition are. Start researching and asking questions about that and you may be surprised at your emotional recovery from what I would call (mild) post-traumatic stress syndrome from a severe onset of BFS symptoms.

ALS is all over this forum waaaaaay too much. It's mentioned over 166 times in the BFS in a Nutshell as it is. That's like the old saying "Don't think about a white elephant!" What happens?

Whose with me for a NO ALS DAY?! You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not.....well, I may be the only one, but that never stopped me before. :lol:
Last edited by Angie on November 13th, 2007, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby famguyfan on November 13th, 2007, 6:34 pm

I think that's one of the most FANTASTIC ideas I've ever heard on this board!
"Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, but today is a gift... that's why they call it the present."
famguyfan
Interested
Interested

Postby twitchmebaby on November 14th, 2007, 4:35 pm

we already lost, becase simply reading the title to the thread it is said. but i like the idea.

i am tired of every thread turning into the same thing lately. it is not helpful for a lot of people.
twitchmebaby
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on November 14th, 2007, 9:52 pm

Oh you got me on that one Adam! Maybe rename it as a day of

"Benign Celebration"

or

"Rebels with a Benign Cause" (my new favorite) :lol:
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby JMan on November 14th, 2007, 11:59 pm

Fight the power . . .

AL what? Never heard of it. Long live BFS (ers)

J.
JMan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)