Survey

Site Comments / Problems / Suggestions

Moderator: JohnV

Re: Survey

Postby runnergirl3972 on June 1st, 2010, 2:08 am

kit wrote:I was wondering if a few of you wouldn't mind answering some possibly related questions about your health with regard to BFS. I am curious to see if there might be a common thread.

1. Did you notice "muscular" pain or fatigue prior to the twitching? No

2. Did you have an illness prior to the first event? Just an overall feeling of not feeling great for a couple of weeks.

3. Had you had any recent surgery? No.

4. Had you over used the muscles in the affected area prior to the twitching? No. But the leg this started in originally felt weird for a day and then a vein ruptured.
5. Do any of you suffer from: IBS, reflux, esophagitis, heartburn, crohns disease/celiac disease? reflux

6. If so, do you take any medication for the above? Protonics
7. Females - are you on or have you been on any hormone replacement therapy or oral contraceptives for an extended period of time. [b]This question is the reason I am answering this...I had been placed on progesterone for issued cycles and I think to this day it triggered this even though not one DR will confirm this... I had been on it for almost a year and my DR had not done a hormone check to see if I needed it or not.

8. Females - do you notice if your symptoms become worse or more pronounced prior to your period/menses? YES, YES, YES!!!

9. Does anyone in your immediate family suffer from an autoimmune disorder? (severe allergies/asthma, MS, Lupes, Myasthenia Gravas, Rheumatoid arthritis etc) No.

10. Do you suffer from allergies or any other minor autoimmune disorder? allergies
As a physician, I am curious to see if there is any correlation. There is no pressure on answering this but I would appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks,
Best wishes,
Kit
runnergirl3972

Postby peterdenmark on June 1st, 2010, 4:04 am

1. Did you notice "muscular" pain or fatigue prior to the twitching? Yes, fatigue, but no pains
2. Did you have an illness prior to the first event?Yes, a summer flu that lasted for a week
3. Had you had any recent surgery?No
4. Had you over used the muscles in the affected area prior to the twitching?No
5. Do any of you suffer from: IBS, reflux, esophagitis, heartburn, crohns disease/celiac disease?No
6. If so, do you take any medication for the above?
7. Females - are you on or have you been on any hormone replacement therapy or oral contraceptives for an extended period of time.
8. Females - do you notice if your symptoms become worse or more pronounced prior to your period/menses?
9. Does anyone in your immediate family suffer from an autoimmune disorder? (severe allergies/asthma, MS, Lupes, Myasthenia Gravas, Rheumatoid arthritis etc)No
10. Do you suffer from allergies or any other minor autoimmune disorder? No
--
Best regards
Peter, Denmark
Twitching since february 2009
peterdenmark
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby twitchee on June 22nd, 2010, 8:37 pm

1. Did you notice "muscular" pain or fatigue prior to the twitching? -no
2. Did you have an illness prior to the first event? - skin infection (never had any skin problems before) both started the same month
3. Had you had any recent surgery? - no
4. Had you over used the muscles in the affected area prior to the twitching? - at first I thought it was carpal tunnel because it was my thumbs that were twitching
5. Do any of you suffer from: IBS, reflux, esophagitis, heartburn, crohns disease/celiac disease? - IBS since my first memories
6. If so, do you take any medication for the above? - no
7. Females - are you on or have you been on any hormone replacement therapy or oral contraceptives for an extended period of time. - birth control pill for most of 15 years (I think this is a good question)
8. Females - do you notice if your symptoms become worse or more pronounced prior to your period/menses? - yes, I have seen a pattern over these last 16 months, I can expect the twitches to be the worst during the week during/after my period.
9. Does anyone in your immediate family suffer from an autoimmune disorder? (severe allergies/asthma, MS, Lupes, Myasthenia Gravas, Rheumatoid arthritis etc) - no, my uncle on my mother's side had ALS but I don't know this side of the family well enough to ask questions.
10. Do you suffer from allergies or any other minor autoimmune disorder? - I developed eczema and skin infections at the exact same time the twitches started.

- I've also been a vegetarian for over 20 years, probably not related but who knows right?
twitchee

Postby anxietysucks on August 12th, 2010, 7:29 am

[quote="kit"]I was wondering if a few of you wouldn't mind answering some possibly related questions about your health with regard to BFS. I am curious to see if there might be a common thread.

1. Did you notice "muscular" pain or fatigue prior to the twitching? NO
2. Did you have an illness prior to the first event? Yes, upper respitory infection, then bell's palsy, and stomach flue all within a few weeks.
3. Had you had any recent surgery? yes, about 5 months prior.
4. Had you over used the muscles in the affected area prior to the twitching? no
5. Do any of you suffer from: IBS, reflux, esophagitis, heartburn, crohns disease/celiac disease? yes, GERD, and some IBS symptoms
6. If so, do you take any medication for the above? yes, prilosec otc
7. Females - are you on or have you been on any hormone replacement therapy or oral contraceptives for an extended period of time.
8. Females - do you notice if your symptoms become worse or more pronounced prior to your period/menses?
9. Does anyone in your immediate family suffer from an autoimmune disorder? (severe allergies/asthma, MS, Lupes, Myasthenia Gravas, Rheumatoid arthritis etc) yes, my mother has asthma, IBS and Fibro, and my grandfather passed away 3 years ago with Myasthenia Gravis.
10. Do you suffer from allergies or any other minor autoimmune disorder? not usre....since this started I am always slightly congested.

I am also hypothyroid. Take levothyroxine for it.
anxietysucks
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby ming on August 12th, 2010, 10:53 am

1. Did you notice "muscular" pain or fatigue prior to the twitching? Yes
2. Did you have an illness prior to the first event? Yes, horrible stomach flu
3. Had you had any recent surgery? no
4. Had you over used the muscles in the affected area prior to the twitching? no
5. Do any of you suffer from: IBS, reflux, esophagitis, heartburn, crohns disease/celiac disease? no
9. Does anyone in your immediate family suffer from an autoimmune disorder? (severe allergies/asthma, MS, Lupes, Myasthenia Gravas, Rheumatoid arthritis etc) no
10. Do you suffer from allergies or any other minor autoimmune disorder? no
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
ming

Postby blee on August 12th, 2010, 12:01 pm

1. Did you notice "muscular" pain or fatigue prior to the twitching?
No, not really any more than usual
2. Did you have an illness prior to the first event?
I'm Always sick :) But nothing in the two or three months prior
3. Had you had any recent surgery?
No
4. Had you over used the muscles in the affected area prior to the twitching?
No, though we had just come back from a walk in the heat prior to it starting
5. Do any of you suffer from: IBS, reflux, esophagitis, heartburn, crohns disease/celiac disease?
No
N/A
No
Only mildly
9. Does anyone in your immediate family suffer from an autoimmune disorder? (severe allergies/asthma, MS, Lupes, Myasthenia Gravas, Rheumatoid arthritis etc)
No
10. Do you suffer from allergies or any other minor autoimmune disorder?
Auto Immune induced heart failure, auto immune induced kidney disease (mild) Auto immune Recurrent Uveitis.... theres a host of things :)
Brandy BurkeWidespread twitching 6/7/10. Normanl clinical/ reflexes on 6/22, no weakness, 24/7 twitches in feet/hands. leg emg 7/16, Heart failure survivor for 15 years, kidney disease. 30 yr old mom of 2 precious teen girls
blee

Postby RobbieBfs on August 12th, 2010, 1:49 pm

:mrgreen:
RobbieBfs
Hero
Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan on January 18th, 2011, 8:20 pm

1. Did you notice "muscular" pain or fatigue prior to the twitching?
No
2. Did you have an illness prior to the first event?
No
No
4. Had you over used the muscles in the affected area prior to the twitching?
Not sure how to answer this since every muscle in my body was fair game for twitches and I use all of my muscles that I know of on a regular basis.
5. Do any of you suffer from: IBS, reflux, esophagitis, heartburn, crohns disease/celiac disease?
IBS
No
N/A
N/A
9. Does anyone in your immediate family suffer from an autoimmune disorder? (severe allergies/asthma, MS, Lupes, Myasthenia Gravas, Rheumatoid arthritis etc)
No, but seasonal allergies are common in my family and my twitching wound up being strongly tied to (but not exclusive to) food allergies/intollerances/sensitivities
Yes, had seasonal allergies since I was in elementary school and they got worse every year. As it turns out I developed a condition which led to me developing multiple food allergies as well, which was a big part of the twitching.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby macy on January 20th, 2011, 8:25 pm

. Did you notice "muscular" pain or fatigue prior to the twitching?
No
2. Did you have an illness prior to the first event? yes, stomach flu
c-section, a year ago

no
No
not in a long time
havent really been at this long enough to track
no
I had Grave's
macy

Postby allmylove16 on January 21st, 2011, 7:59 am

1. Did you notice "muscular" pain or fatigue prior to the twitching? YES
2. Did you have an illness prior to the first event? YES
3. Had you had any recent surgery? NO
4. Had you over used the muscles in the affected area prior to the twitching? NO
5. Do any of you suffer from: IBS, reflux, esophagitis, heartburn, crohns disease/celiac disease? NO
7. Females - are you on or have you been on any hormone replacement therapy or oral contraceptives for an extended period of time. NO
8. Females - do you notice if your symptoms become worse or more pronounced prior to your period/menses? YES
9. Does anyone in your immediate family suffer from an autoimmune disorder? (severe allergies/asthma, MS, Lupes, Myasthenia Gravas, Rheumatoid arthritis etc) NO
10. Do you suffer from allergies or any other minor autoimmune disorder? No
allmylove16

Postby family man on January 21st, 2011, 6:50 pm

1. Did you notice "muscular" pain or fatigue prior to the twitching? yes
2. Did you have an illness prior to the first event? yes
3. Had you had any recent surgery? no
5. Do any of you suffer from: IBS, reflux, esophagitis, heartburn, crohns disease/celiac disease? reflux-heartburn-hiatal hernia
6. If so, do you take any medication for the above? omeprazole 2 20mg twice a day
9. Does anyone in your immediate family suffer from an autoimmune disorder? (severe allergies/asthma, MS, Lupes, Myasthenia Gravas, Rheumatoid arthritis etc) allergies rheumatoid arthritis
10. Do you suffer from allergies or any other minor autoimmune disorder? not sure yet
family man
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to AboutBFS.com Site Topics