help please

Site Comments / Problems / Suggestions

Moderator: JohnV

help please

Postby veroooo on July 27th, 2015, 12:21 pm

Good evening,

there is a lot of time that I was not here, but then I do not know what to think ...
for 15 days, I like tiny twitching at the corners of the mouth, or I feel I actually (I do not even know!) saliva at the corners, I had a few days but hypersalivation again I think it happened, I feel not speak properly ... I'm afraid of a sla bulbar. I neuro appointment at August 3, but I've never been so scared
veroooo

Re: help please

Postby emmie.s on July 28th, 2015, 11:07 am

Bulbar is so incredibly rare, you would be slurring your words unmistakably and choking. It is really rare for someone under the age of 50 to get ALS, and bulbar onset is even rarer. I am sure it is just BFS. The problem is waiting for the doctor's appointment to confirm that you are ok. I know this weekend will go by slowly for you, so try to get out, exercise, watch a movie, and keep yourself incredibly busy so that you don't worry needlessly. I know its easier said than done, so my heart goes out to you.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby RIno468 on July 28th, 2015, 1:57 pm

Do you feel as if you don't speak properly, or do you not speak properly.

These are different things.

If no one has told you that you slur your words, or that you are difficult to understand, then you are more than likely ok.

Try and relax and calm down. There is an answer, but the thing you are most fearful of is not one of them
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby veroooo on July 29th, 2015, 10:05 am

thanks very very much...and sorry for my bad English (i'm french)
veroooo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to AboutBFS.com Site Topics