Anti Depressants or natural remedies?

Site Comments / Problems / Suggestions

Moderator: JohnV

Anti Depressants or natural remedies?

Postby Scooby doo on January 31st, 2013, 2:53 pm

Hello, I am new to this forum., I started twitching over a month ago. Have been very stressed and full of anxiety over my brother who has a malignant brain tumor. The twitching started after I had been using Zantac for a while for reflux. I thought perhaps I depleted my magnesium levels. My family doctor told me when I saw him that I had no other symptoms like weakness or atrophy so said it was stress and suggested I go on zoloft. Ive been on it for 2 weeks and I am very nauseas from it so I want to stop. The twitches dont bother me as much during the day but drive me crazy at night when I try to go to sleep. i have found ativan to help me sleep. Does anyone have any more natural remedies to calm the twitching and anxiety at bed time? I would be most grateful for any advice.
Scooby doo

Re: Anti Depressants or natural remedies?

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 3rd, 2013, 11:15 am

Valerian Root is a good herbal supplement that you can buy in capsule form and was great for me in a pinch to calm the anxiety (warning, the herbs kind of smell, but that's normal). I'd recommend trying hypnosis and/or meditation to help get the anxiety under control too.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Numbers624 on June 25th, 2013, 2:30 pm

Scooby, please do not go down the path of SSRI's. I just introduced myself over on the support forum if you'd like some background. Stay away from them. They are not to be messed with. And if they work now, years from now you will hit tolerance and hell can break loose. I beg people to try diet, exercise, cognitive behavior therapy, prayer, natural supplements etc. My experience changed my whole perspective on drug use, docs and health. Thousands of others testify to this in SSRI and Benzo withdrawal support groups. A few lucky ones get out with minimal withdrawal. No one understands it. The brain is an unbelievable thing and our neurochemistry is so complex. Altering that for years because of things like anxiety and stress is not worth it. Our society wants the quick fix but it takes time and effort to manage these things. Wean off the drug and stay off.
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
-James 1:2
Numbers624

Postby tastemaker on June 27th, 2013, 7:58 pm

Numbers624 wrote:Scooby, please do not go down the path of SSRI's. I just introduced myself over on the support forum if you'd like some background. Stay away from them. They are not to be messed with. And if they work now, years from now you will hit tolerance and hell can break loose. I beg people to try diet, exercise, cognitive behavior therapy, prayer, natural supplements etc. My experience changed my whole perspective on drug use, docs and health. Thousands of others testify to this in SSRI and Benzo withdrawal support groups. A few lucky ones get out with minimal withdrawal. No one understands it. The brain is an unbelievable thing and our neurochemistry is so complex. Altering that for years because of things like anxiety and stress is not worth it. Our society wants the quick fix but it takes time and effort to manage these things. Wean off the drug and stay off.

Well said. The truth is that, on average, Doctors get less than a weekends worth of nutritional training (if any at all). Western medicine is focused on managing immediate symptoms, not prevention or long term health.
tastemaker

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to AboutBFS.com Site Topics