Seasonal changes and symptoms.

Site Comments / Problems / Suggestions

Moderator: JohnV

Seasonal changes and symptoms.

Postby RobbieBfs on September 22nd, 2010, 12:30 pm

I started getting my symptoms almost 6 months ago....in the spring. In the past week I have started to experienced similar symptoms that I had in the spring that cleared up by mid June. Aches, stiffness, and light crampy feelings in my hammy's. If it's like the spring then the fun will begin where these symptoms start migrating up and down my legs. Coincidentally the weather is getting much cooler in NY since last week. I'm now starting to think that these symptoms maybe caused by the change in seasons. This has got me thinking. Does anyone else here experience this in the spring and the fall. I know MS and Fibro sufferers have flare up's in these seasons as well. Any words of wisdom from the vets here on this would help.

BTW...anxiety is not an issue with me so I don't see it being a cause. I'm looking at this very rationally these days.

PS - the annoying knee crack whenever I stand up that had subsided has returned as well.

Thanks
RobbieBfs
Hero
Hero

Re: Seasonal changes and symptoms.

Postby MarioMangler on September 22nd, 2010, 12:34 pm

Seasonal BFS changes happen every year like clockwork. Check the archives.

In January everyone will suddenly think they have bulbar symptoms. Watch, it happens every year.
Last edited by MarioMangler on September 22nd, 2010, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby RobbieBfs on September 22nd, 2010, 12:43 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by RobbieBfs on October 28th, 2010, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobbieBfs
Hero
Hero

Postby mommylondon on September 22nd, 2010, 1:27 pm

Well I'm in Indiana, and it has still been quite warm during the day here, but nights have gotten quite a bit cooler, which I love. But with that being said, my leg issues have reared there ugly head again just over the past week or so. They actually wrecked my sleep last night. I did wake up at one point to go to the bathroom and noticed that my legs were moving very smoothly and the pain seemed to be gone, weird. Then I woke back up this morning and there back, tightness, a little bit of what reminds me of exercise burn, and walking feels less smooth. This stuff has so many faces, it reminds me of my mother going through menapause :shock: scary, trust me.

Try the rolling pin thing Rob, it really does help relieve this.

Robynn :D
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby runnergirl3972 on September 22nd, 2010, 2:26 pm

RobbieBfs wrote:I

PS - the annoying knee crack whenever I stand up that had subsided has returned as well.

Thanks

Just saw this posting....wanted you to know that my knee on my R leg...the "issued" moreso leg cracks.......the other one doesn't. And it aches. It drives me crazy.
runnergirl3972

Postby RobbieBfs on September 27th, 2010, 4:28 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by RobbieBfs on October 28th, 2010, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobbieBfs
Hero
Hero

Postby mommylondon on September 27th, 2010, 5:19 pm

Thats really good and encouraging news Rob :D
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 27th, 2010, 6:23 pm

If the twitching is an auto-immune related manifestation, just like seasonal allergies where your immune system reacts to something that is not really a threat, then it stands to reason that the seasonal changes would also impact BFS symptoms. I have seasonal allergies and have since I was in grade school. It wasn't until about three years ago that I started having them in the fall as well. I used to only get hayfever in the spring. Anyway, my sinuses have been killing me this last week so it correlates to your changes in symptoms. With exception to the dairy that I accidentally worked into my diet last week, my BFS symptoms remain fairly under control. I didn't realize the hotel was using milk in their scrambled eggs and had bad spasming in my right eye last week thanks to that. The twitching/spasming eye cleared up once I stopped with the dairy laced eggs, but the sinus pressure and congestion remains.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Oliver on November 17th, 2010, 8:46 am

This is a late reply post, but I was just now also thinking about seasonal changes. My symptoms are kind of increasing now with autumn. It started in autumn last year and was better during spring and summer.
Regards
Oliver
Oliver

Postby aussie sufferer on November 21st, 2010, 3:41 am

not sure if season affects my BFS. It affects other aches and pains that might be put down to BFS but are not.... nah not convinced.
cheers
Rodger
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Postby MangiPNG on November 21st, 2010, 5:00 pm

Interesting idea! Like clockwork, the past three years (albeit only been twitching last two) I've experienced increased aches/pains and other neuro nasties between Oct and March. Didn't know peeps with Fibro and MS have seasonal flare up.
MangiPNG

Postby Yuliasir on April 10th, 2012, 11:41 am

as stated in my first post, I have a clockwork 5 week cycle in my twitching ;) I am also badly temperature sensitive (sititing in a t-shirt at the 22 deg C causes me such a stiffnes and even pain in both hands that I barely could work). Immediately after putting my little dog on my laps to warm the hand or putting the sweater on I feel much better :)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to AboutBFS.com Site Topics