I'm back, new twitches, new questions!!

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby valger59 on August 15th, 2007, 2:16 am

Hi all!!
I first want to say hello, and that I've really missed coming on here and getting the great advice and support from my online friends!! The kids and I went on our annual vacation out to Nevada, where we stay for quite a while, since my Mom lives there. The thing is, there is no easy access to a computer at her house, and so I wasn't able to check in. I'm also so busy out there with family visits, and daily obligations with the kids and everything, so life was very different for a month or so!
We really had a great time out there, and I was very active, especially in the beginning of the trip. She lives near Lake Tahoe, so we usually try to get up there each day, and hike, swim, etc. It was great, because that Lake makes me feel so healthy, just to jump in there, feel the cold water, and healthy air, was great. The thing is, it was interesting, because for a good part of the trip, I was feeling fine, still having twitching, but I guess sort of putting it in the back of my mind. It was when the trip was getting close to being over that my symptoms started bothering me more. I know this sounds like it could be related to nerves, but I also think it's just that when you are busy, you might not put as much thought into symptoms that you are having, and I guess that is a very good thing.
My husband came out the last week of the trip, and we went camping, and I was feeling ok until we started getting ready to go. I have lately been having more trouble with my fingers, especially the one on the right hand next to the pinky, it's like a motor will suddenly be going, and that finger will just be going back and forth sort of fast, just by itself. Does that sound like BFS? I was kind of thinking that could be a Parkinson's sign, as we all know what Michael J. Fox had at first, something like that. But, as I was talking with my brother with out there, ALS is still such a worry, cause I still do twitch just as much as before, and I also have periods of stiffness and weakness. One night, when we were walking on the beach in the dark, my right knee just went out, and I fell to the ground. I was pretty much thinking it was cause it was so dark, and I lost my footing, but I've been having alot of trouble with that right knee, where I will be walking, and it will just stiffen up on me terrible, and it will go out sometimes. I also do twitch in that knee area, so that worries me.
My twitching started on March 20th of this year (that is the first time I noticed it)...so I am glad that time is going by without any major weakness, although I do have the knee thing, and sometimes my lower legs feel really weird. Also, I still struggle feeling like I can't talk right, like I am sounding weird, although nobody else notices it. It's just certain things.
I wanted to check back in and say hi, and let you guys know where I was. I don't think I had a chance to say goodbye before I left, as my life becomes insane when we try to get ready for a trip.
Anyway, I hope you all have been having a great summer. I didn't want this one to end, because now that we are home, I am getting my older daughter ready to move out to college. That should produce plenty of twitching!! Anyway, hope you are all doing well, talk to you soon! Val
valger59
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS