Finger moving by itself

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Finger moving by itself

Postby MartrR on July 24th, 2007, 6:34 pm

Not a big poster but a big reader!

I got over my twitches but this scares me...
I feel like I have a twtich in my arm, near my wrist but I can't see it. It's inside my arm. Moverer, this "twtich" makes my middle finger move!!!
What the...
It's been going on for 2 weeks. My only relief is it's not always "twitching"

Thanks for your feedback
Martin
MartrR
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby wjjw on July 24th, 2007, 8:06 pm

Martin, this is nothing to worry about. It's just the flexor muscles twitching. Very common, and I've had it many times and so have a lot of other people. It's just another twitch, totally BFS.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby fbandersnatch on July 25th, 2007, 3:56 am

Your twitch is probably further down your forearm, where your flexor and extensor muscles are. There's not much muscle near your wrist.

And, like Bill, I have twitches in my extensor muscles relatively frequently. My ALS fear started with such a twitch that caused my ring finger to flex. That was over two years ago. My ring finger still works just fine, so it can't be a rapidly degenerative disease. :)
fbandersnatch
Hero
Hero

Re: Finger moving by itself

Postby Richard on July 26th, 2007, 10:19 pm

MartrR wrote:Not a big poster but a big reader!

I got over my twitches but this scares me...
I feel like I have a twtich in my arm, near my wrist but I can't see it. It's inside my arm. Moverer, this "twtich" makes my middle finger move!!!
What the...
It's been going on for 2 weeks. My only relief is it's not always "twitching"

Thanks for your feedback
Martin

My friend at work can put his hand on the table, and his ring ringer will move in a circular pattern. Not sure if this is very close to what you have or not.

His doctor told him it was calcium build-up in his neck disks pushing on the nerve. He has had this for a few years and has not gotten any worse.

Not sure how close this is to what you have or not.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.
-Richard
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby StacyH on July 30th, 2007, 4:49 pm

My fingers have always moved. In fact, this is the way that all of my flares start! Once my fingers start moving, I know which direction I'm heading! I'm almost at 12 years of this. I know I type this over and over again, but I hope it provides some reassurance to those that have just started with this nasty syndrome that mine has not progressed into anything worse than being a very big pain in the butt and emotionally draining at times!

Stacy
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us - Emerson
StacyH
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Christina on July 30th, 2007, 8:57 pm

My thumb was moving the other day by itself for about an hour......wierd, and even though I have been at this for a long time now (twitching) I didn't like it one bit!

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby markgerard on July 31st, 2007, 11:30 pm

I get this, too - it is totally BFS. Sometimes my fingers move without anything happening in my forearm at all. Sometimes, my forearm "triggers" the finger movement. It's hard to deal with at times, I still haven't gotten used to it but after seeing 5 different neuros in the past 18 months - each of which has told me I have nothing sinister - I know it is BFS which is what consoles me.
God Bless, Mark
"...when all is darkness and we feel our weakness and helplessness, give us the sense of Your presence, Your love and Your strength - help us to have perfect trust in Your protecting love and strengthening power..."
markgerard
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS