PMS

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

PMS

Postby Jen on September 26th, 2002, 7:16 pm

Ok, this is for the women out there. Is it just me, or do the BFS symptoms get worse during or just before the "dot" :?:
Jen

Postby SoJerseyMom on September 27th, 2002, 11:29 am

Jen, I noticed the same thing. Wonder if hormones have an effect on BFS or are we just more sensitive, physically and emotionally, around that time?
SoJerseyMom

Postby Arron on September 28th, 2002, 12:09 pm

so what about the men with BFS?... we also have ups and downs yet we don't have PMS or have up and down hormone days...

I believe PMS takes it's toll on your body being that you are using energy to ovulate, cycle and expell, which probably causes some sort of internal stress or exertion on your body that you are obviously aware of or you wouldn't label it PMS. That exertion and/or bodily stress probably isn't any different than what anyone goes through (man or woman) with other types of stresses and exertions, that in return make BFS symptoms worse at times, right?
Arron

Postby Nole on September 30th, 2002, 12:36 pm

I totally agree. They get worse before my cylce and I get very tired.
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jen on October 3rd, 2002, 7:23 pm

Thanks everyone for the validation! And you're right, Aaron, men AND women have our up and down hormone days. I am relieved to see that I am not the only one who has noticed worsening symptoms during PMS. I was very careful not to let my GP or neuro know that the symptoms are worse during PMS. If I had, they would have simply said, "take a Midol". As it was, I did discuss my BFS symptoms with my gyn during my regular visit (this was before my BFS diagnosis), and even though I did not mention that the symptoms increase during PMS, her reply was, "Oh, these things usually work themselves out, honey". Hmmm.....That isn't quite as reassuring as a normal EMG, MRI and blood tests are.
Jen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS