rodent wrist & BFS

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

rodent wrist & BFS

Postby dwl on September 26th, 2002, 2:18 am

Has anybody else noticed that they are more prone to getting a funny rubbery feeling around the hand, wrist & forearm after using a computer mouse than they were prior to developing BFS? There is no actual weakness, just the usual perceived weakness the the brain magnifies a hundred times!

David, UK
dwl
Hero
Hero

Comp.pain

Postby Willie on September 26th, 2002, 3:31 am

I just posted the other day that I get a "burn" type pain/sensation in my upper arm from usuing the computer. It feels like I have been working out & fatigued the muscle type of feeling.
Willie
Interested
Interested

Postby SusanSid on September 26th, 2002, 12:40 pm

I have found that when I'm using the computer for long periods that my forearms hurt from the elbow to the thumb and palm area. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it's very uncomfortable. I find I keep rubbing the area for a day or more. I feel like I lifted weights, but I don't have any weakness.
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jen on September 26th, 2002, 6:44 pm

I use a chair with armrests, which helps relieve the arm/hand aches & pains that I get from using the computer too much. I can't rest my arms while I'm typing, but I make sure that I use the armrests often in between typing. I also had to carefully select my mouse. I was given one at work and within a day my hands were were crampy, tingly and felt weak. I went back to my old mouse and my hands felt much better.
Jen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS