Symptom check

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Symptom check

Postby Willie on September 24th, 2002, 8:48 pm

First off, I'm new to this board. Hello!
I wanted to post my story & see if anyone else here has had anything like mine. In early June I had a temp. of 102.9 for about 2 days & had muscle aches. The temp. went away the aches seemed to move into my joints. In late June I got my first twitch! I went to my GP & he said I might be dehydrated..... Did the Gatorade etc. went back did all kinds of blood work all negative. I started having muscle aches & what felt like a kind of cramping, but not like a charley horse. The joint stuff subsided. I went to a local neuro, he did an EMG & everything was OK. He said he did not THINK I had ALS.. My twitching & pains continued. I started getting very stiff fingers when I woke up in the mornings & my calves hurt when I walked. I then started getting very sore muscles just by doing little things. My upper arm gets very sore just by typing on keyboard! I don't have weakness just get that muscle burn feeling easy. I went to Cleveland Clinic in Mid-September had another EMG all was good. I was told I have BFS. My tricep area is killing me right now as I type.
Wanted to see if anyone else has these symptoms.

Willie
Willie
Interested
Interested

Postby Jen on September 24th, 2002, 9:41 pm

I also experience the same symptoms, Willie. My bloodwork, EMG and an MRI were normal. My neuro thought that I had Cramp Fasciculation Syndrome. My first symptoms were pain in my joints, I thought, however, as time went on I realized that what I was actually feeling was cramping in my fingers, arms, hips, legs, feet. I tend to get cramps in my fingers and upper arms when typing. I will even get them in my legs if I sit too long at the computer. I manage to aleviate the cramping by stretching out my fingers and arms and by getting up and moving around. My doctor perscribed Flexeril, which I use when the cramping becomes too much for me, and it helps me sleep at night. The Flexeril doesn't seem to help with the twitching. The cramping has lessened over the last few months, but I have my good and bad days.
Jen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS