BFS experience at the dentist...

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby massagefan16 on February 6th, 2007, 9:11 am

So, I went in to get a filling. Probably my first time with novocaine since the twitching started in July 06...I open my mouth so they can start working and within minutes...I get a twitching chin and then a twitching lip- yes, like Elvis. So then I start to sweat because I'm thinking that both the dentist and assistant are thinking "what's up with that?". And, of course, I can't say anything because my mouth has a drill in it. So, to avoid twitching onto the drill, I open my mouth really, really wide since I thought the pressure would stop the twitching. So, the whole tension in my mouth is making the thinng worse and finally he says "ummm, You can relax your mouth"..and I'm thinking, "the hell I can"

Long story short, the dentist takes a break and I get to tell him and his assistant a little ditty about BFS and how apparently novocaine can set off some wackiness with it (cue "glazed over look"..."BF...what?"). Anyway, it was a quick filling (10 minutes thank goodness) and I felt better after I had told them what it was. And yes, they had both noticed it.

P.S. It gave me a new appreciation for those with face twitching (which I hardly ever have). It is no fun and I can imagine how uncomfortable it is to deal with all the time.

Shelley
Quiet your mind. The quieter you become, the more you hear.
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS