Tongue Tingling

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tongue Tingling

Postby Lane on September 23rd, 2002, 7:44 am

Hello Everyone. My question this time concerns tongue tingling. Doesn't happen a lot but every now and then. Would this be connected to BFS based on any of your experiences (still haven't gotten to see a neuro. that happens next month)?? Lane
Lane

Postby SoJerseyMom on September 27th, 2002, 11:17 am

Hi, Lane! I sometimes get an odd sensation in my tongue, usually one side at a time. Donesn't happen often. The dentist says everything looks normal, so I'm assuming this might be part of BFS, but have not yet asked my neurologist about it.
SoJerseyMom

Yup

Postby Jeff on September 27th, 2002, 2:35 pm

Sure do get this once in a while and never did prior to the BFS start up. Thought at first it was allergies and took anti-histamines for it but then realized it didn't help and if I just rode out the weird sensations in my tongue they'd eventually go away.
Jeff
Interested
Interested

Postby SusanSid on September 28th, 2002, 1:32 am

I've had a tingling tongue on and off over the past several years. Diagnosis is pinched nerve in C5 and C6 and/or from clenching my teeth at night. I wear a mouth night guard when it acts up, take motrin and it seems to go away.
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby ppoo on September 28th, 2002, 9:51 am

I had an EMG of the arms, legs & lower back one month prior to twitching from the neck up (tongue also) & it was clean. The doctor did not test the bulbar area at that time because it didn't seem to be bothering me. Now it seems to be constant & more so in the neck area. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm swallowing ok. Would the twitching still be considered benign with a clean EMG of my other extremeties? Should I have this area tested also? I did ask him if 4 mos. was long enough for ALS to show up, but he said we can never be too sure. He just wasn't very reassuring.
ppoo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS