A word of reassurance

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

A word of reassurance

Postby hypohondriac on November 5th, 2006, 7:19 pm

Just a word of reassurance for everyone out there with A** and M* fears.

About two months ago I developed fasciculations all over my body. Started with a simple eye-twitch and then moved on to arms, legs, stomach, back… you name it – I had it! I also had vibrations in my feet, fatigue, dizziness, perceived weakness, numbness/ pins and needles in my arms and legs, my toes were clicking when I was walking (diagnosed as Morton’s neuroma). It was driving me ABSOLUTELY crazy and, of course, I was sure I was dying.

Then I found this website and it helped to alleviate my fears a bit. But deep down I was still stressed out. It all led me to make a definite decision to stop thinking I’m dying, cause even if I am I can’t do anything about it. If it was A** it would just slowly get worse, there is no cure and why would I want to spend the rest of my time on this Earth worrying, instead of enjoying my life while I can still walk, talk, dance and laugh.

What I decided to do was attack the beast from within. The beast being stress. I started meditating, doing yoga (which I’m loving at the moment) and de-toxing. I had no sugar, coffee, alcohol and yeast for 2 weeks. I also got some time off this website and the Internet searching in general, because I found that even though the website helped, it also didn’t help. If that makes sense… What I mean is that reading everyone’s fears would bring my mind back to my own fears and that just wasn’t good. So I decided to just try and forget about the whole thing.

The twitches didn’t stop immediately. But I was starting to feel physically better, had more energy, and the twitches were definitely subsiding. The best day was when that annoying buzz in my foot was gone, cause that was driving me crazy.

Today I don’t have any symptoms. Maybe I do have a twitch here and there. I say maybe cause if I do they are so rare I don’t even notice and I’m sure most people have them anyway. The only “symptom” I might have at the moment is a broken toe, but it is the result of my own doing.

So I guess what I’m trying to say is that, although we are all different and our symptoms vary in kind and length, I am positive that in most cases we can change things just by changing our state of mind. It may be so that my symptoms will come back in future but I plan to attack them in exactly the same way.
hypohondriac

Postby wjjw on November 5th, 2006, 8:37 pm

Well, that was a great post. Maybe you’re not a hypochondriac after all. :wink: Stay well, and here's to the beast. :P
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby WitchyTwitchy on November 6th, 2006, 7:14 am

I am so happy for you. I getting ready to try yoga. Thanks for your posting, it's so very nice to hear upbeat, positive postings.
Smiles,

Vanessa
WitchyTwitchy
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS