Shaking after holding something

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Shaking after holding something

Postby Jennhaz on September 24th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Hi Guys I am noticing that I still shake like crazy I was holding my dog for like 10 minutes, my left arm only is shaking like crazy it wont stop. If I hold it out or rest it on my elbow it is like it is having convulsions..lol..and boy is it rachety when I move it. What concerns me is that it is only my left arm which has that rachety movement. Is this concerned weakness because it felt really heavy and weak when I put her down..A little nervous now....Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

"Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans!!"
Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby massagefan16 on September 24th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Jenn, Jenn, Jenn...you sound just like me. Just when things start to seem better, something else comes up that makes you wonder. I think that's probably the worst thing about the BFS, PNH whatever the heck the thing is. I did a spa party for a bunch of people today and was carrying out all my stuff and by the time I got in the car, it felt like all my muscles were shaking. I honestly feel that all of our nervous systems are so revved up all the time that any little thing can set them off the deep end. I think when things migrate, here one day, there another, that it doesn't mean much at all...When I get stressed my left second finger feels weak- go figure!

For example, you know how I mentioned that last year I used to get that full body vibration thing (sounds a lot better than it is, huh?). Well, last night, I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie and sure enough I woke up with the heart racing full body shaking thing just like I used to have. Yuck! Don't like that at all. Yet, twitching was not so bad last night. Bad today though BUT no vibration stuff. Back and forth all the time. Overactive nervous systems can do all kinds of nasty stuff and I guess at some point you get used to the wide range of things it can cause. Of course, in the meantime, it doesn't give you back the time you lose worrying.

My husband is going in for a heart echo tomorrow to determine if he needs open heart surgery in the next 6 months (or if it will be another year or two)- he needs it regardless so I don't expect any of my twitching or other stuff to be going away anytime soon so I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot from me unfortunately...

Shelley
Quiet your mind. The quieter you become, the more you hear.
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby markgerard on September 24th, 2006, 6:58 pm

Jenn, I get this shaking ALL the time no matter what I do, hold on to, etc. - I am seeing my neuro on Tuesday and will ask to see what he says.
God Bless, Mark
markgerard
Saint
Saint

Postby Alex_als on September 24th, 2006, 7:21 pm

Ok lets try something!

Stand straight - lift one of u're legs and knee down -

Stay at this position for a while.

Look at u're tigh.

Do u see it trembling? Can u maybe see the muscle go twitching? Fast fasciculations?
Alex_als
Hero
Hero

Postby MaryY on September 24th, 2006, 7:54 pm

:? Yes, I can relate.. Just when you think you've got the twitching handled then the spasms, then you reach for something and your muscle feels weird "not weak but not normal yet". My husband is getting tired of my testing my hand strength my squeezing his fingers so I can be assured I'm not losing any strength. Ahhh the worry of it all. I don't even want to think how much time I've lost on worry.

Best of Luck to your husband and his echo.

Talk to you guys again soon.
Mary
MaryY
Hero
Hero

Postby Jennhaz on September 25th, 2006, 8:24 am

Alex,

I tried that and no I cant see any twitches...Jenn

Mark,
Does this happen to you when you hold something heavy. I remember in the beginning when I held on to this little girl who was like 30lbs. and I put her down and that whole night my whole body was shaking inside even my eyeballs..lol...Let me know who appt. goes....Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on September 25th, 2006, 11:03 am

Ok I think I can describe this..it is like if you just did so many sets of bicep curls and now your arm is fatigued but this is only in that one arm. I still can do pushups and things like that, should I be concerned that this is weakness???..Jenn

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby massagefan16 on September 25th, 2006, 12:04 pm

No way you could do a push-up if it was- push ups require huge upper body strength. As an instructor I'm lucky if I can do 5 with good form!!

Shelley
Quiet your mind. The quieter you become, the more you hear.
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby markgerard on September 25th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Jennhaz wrote:Alex,

I tried that and no I cant see any twitches...Jenn

Mark,
Does this happen to you when you hold something heavy. I remember in the beginning when I held on to this little girl who was like 30lbs. and I put her down and that whole night my whole body was shaking inside even my eyeballs..lol...Let me know who appt. goes....Jenn

Definitely when I hold something heavy, I'll let you know about the appt.
God Bless, Mark
markgerard
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on September 25th, 2006, 2:13 pm

Massagefan,

I can do 12 pushups, excuse the expression - man style and lots if I do them the way us girlies do them..lol...Jenn

Thanks Mark...

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby Mork on September 26th, 2006, 10:27 am

Jennhaz wrote:Massagefan,

I can do 12 pushups, excuse the expression - man style and lots if I do them the way us girlies do them..lol...Jenn

Phew, is it hot in here or is it just me? :oops:
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby markgerard on September 26th, 2006, 2:42 pm

Jennhaz wrote:Mark,
Let me know who appt. goes....Jenn

My neuro says it is ALL anxiety - he is SOLD on the fact that it is anxiety so I guess I/we have a lot of work to do in controlling the anxiety.
God Bless, Mark
markgerard
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on September 26th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Muscle movement is different then tremors, so if you are having tremors then yes it can be anxiety but I know mine isnt because it is only one arm...and it only happens when I lift something..

I am very glad that you got good news Mark, have you had an EMG done yet or is he going to do one...I am sorry I don't remember if you had one??..Jenn

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby markgerard on September 26th, 2006, 6:19 pm

The neuro saw no need for another EMG (yes, I did have one in July). Just swears I am suffering from severe anxiety and I guess I have no choice but to believe him.
God Bless, Mark
markgerard
Saint
Saint

Postby MaryY on September 26th, 2006, 7:32 pm

Mark,
Glad your appt went well except of course for the anxiety part. That is a hard one to deal with some days. Someone told me today "just keep taking one baby step at a time" and eventually you'll get control over it.
Not sure what that means exactly :) but it was sincere advice.
Take Care
Mary
MaryY
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Questions About BFS