Headaches?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Headaches?

Postby Guest on September 13th, 2002, 5:35 pm

Has anyone here had headaches with BFS? I was told by my doctor that my headaches (which seem to come in the form of a short, sharp pain in a very specific part of my head) are not related to BFS but rather are most likely related to migraine. I have suffered with tension headaches during stressful periods of my life but this isn't the same thing. Other than the headaches, every other symptom I have seems to indicate BFS which makes me think that these symptoms are separate in nature.

This is my first post - I am anxious to see if anyone else has had a similar experience? Also, someone noted that their fasiculations got worse when they woke up. Mine tend to start several minutes after I wake up and then last all day, exhibiting themselves periodically. I hope this eases that poster's mind if they read this.

Postby kristin on September 14th, 2002, 3:32 pm

i also have sharp, "stabbing" headaches that last from about 5-15 seconds at a time. they seem to target one little area of my head, too. it is interesting to hear that you do, too. my doctor told me that they are probably migraine related, as well. but, they aren't like prolonged migraines that make me have to lie down or anything. they just kind of "jab" me off and on throughout the day. some days are worse than others. with the twitching and the "jabbing", i have often wondered, like you have, if they are somehow related to this bfs. . . i've had an mri, so i've been cleared of the headaches being anything dangerous. does anyone else have these headaches?
kristin

Postby Guest on September 17th, 2002, 9:24 am

Wow Kristen! You are exactly describing what I am going through. My doctor also told me they were most probably migraine related and that could be the cause I suppose... Interesting. Thanks for responding to my initial reply. As your headaches do, mine also tend to be better or worse depending upon the day. I found they got much better after I was told that I did not have demyelinating disease (my original diagnosis) and my stress level went down.

Sarah

Postby ppoo on September 17th, 2002, 1:27 pm

Yes, I have also had that sharp sudden pain randomly in my head as well as a burning sensation for a year now. They don't happen together, but at different times and lasts for a few seconds or so. I had my first MRI last year because of it before the twitches started about 4 mos ago. My doctor also told me then it was migraine related, although I've never truly experienced a migrane. It's nice to know that others can relate to these experiences.
ppoo

Postby kristin on September 17th, 2002, 7:14 pm

This is so interesting! I really wonder if these sharp "head pains" are related to the BFS, or if they are something entirely separate. I empathize with both of you. It can be scary when the pain seems to be so specific. You can let your imagination run wild with the "what if's." It's comforting to know that others are having the same kind of symptoms, though.
kristin

Postby Jen on September 25th, 2002, 7:04 pm

I also get the same type of headache. I cramp a lot and today I would get the jabbing pains and could clearly tell that the area near the "jab" was cramping. Each cramp/jab would last a few seconds. My best defense against this happening is a making sure that I get enough sleep.

My fasciculations are also at their worst when I first wake up, and again when I lay down to sleep at night. I feel them during the day, but the more I am active, the less I feel them.
Jen

Postby Twitcher on September 25th, 2002, 7:58 pm

I think these "Stabbing" head pains are pretty common. Both I and my GF get them from time to time as does my sister. I asked my doc about them a few years ago and he said they were nothing to worry and that they were a normal occurence.

BTW, if you haven't yet, please take the BFS Survey. I'm going to be posting a summary of the data soon. Hopefully, it will be easier to glean info from that rather than reading all of the posts.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” - Plato
Twitcher

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS