COULD IT BE MS OR MND?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

COULD IT BE MS OR MND?

Postby IB on May 13th, 2006, 11:55 pm

It's been a while since I've posted anything on the site but I'm back. Moved to NZ and just got online.

I hope someone out there can help me. Body's been doing strange things since Aug 05. Started with slight tremor in left hand. Moved on through periods of jolts in the night, pins and needles whilst sleeping, unexplainable aches and pains and regular bouts of at times quite severe muscle twitching, particularly in left triceps. I was sent to see a reputable Neuro in Nov who did a cursory examination and put it down to stress.

Since emigrating I have had strange shooting sensations in left leg and recurring triceps twitch (couple of hours at a time every 10 days or so). The twitch doesn't always seem to correspond to any particular exercise I may have been doing, but sometimes does. I have now gone to see my GP about this as the left triceps feels different (more strandy) than the right probably as a result of the twitches. She took some bloods (not aware of results) and said she may refer me to see someone once she has seen a copy of Nov Neuro's report (on way from UK). She mentioned that the muscle difference may be due to some atrophy and I'm now terrified it may be due to Motor Neuron or MS. The last week or so I have felt light-headed and weak - this may or may not be connected.

Apologies for being so long-winded but I'm starting to think it can't possibly be down to stress but part of me is also saying that because this has been going on for so long now (8-9 months) if it was anything more serious it would be obvious to medical folk (who never ever seem to mention BFS by the way).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
IB
Interested
Interested

COULD IT BE MS OR MND?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS