trembling

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

trembling

Postby guest on September 12th, 2002, 2:21 pm

In addition to what appears to be pretty classic BFS symptoms, my hands sometimes tremble. Does anyone have any insight?

Postby Arron on September 12th, 2002, 4:28 pm

sure, a lot of people experience that as well, especially if you are anxious. Tremors from anxiety are the same kind of tremors (or shakes) you get right after a near miss car acident or when you are really scared, your hands and limbs will "tremble" with fear. True tremors have nothing to do with fear or anxiety. They are there when you reach out for something, hold something that has a little weight to it, etc. They are usually noticed when using a muscle, not when simply at rest, slthough tremors from fear happen while sitting at rest (or trying to anyway as you're calming down). These trembles have nothing to do with Parkinson's disease though, so don't let that enter your mind. I have tremors when I reach out for something or when I move a limb, it will tremor or hold something in my hand it will tremor. These are usually known as essential tremors. A lot of people get shaky hands while at rest and those are usually from familial tremors, which are also benign. I have to admit though, my tremors keep me worried too, not about Parkinson's or anything, but they just worry me, like it is something else going-on that I don't know about yet. I understand your fears as I still live them myself.
Arron

follow-up

Postby guest on September 12th, 2002, 8:38 pm

I guess my follow-up question should be: are shaky hands at all symptomatic of ALS?

Postby Arron on September 12th, 2002, 11:27 pm

no, not at all.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS