Question for Craig

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Question for Craig

Postby Guest on January 16th, 2003, 3:26 am

Craig

Following on from one of your other posts - can you tell me anything more about muscle pain. I used to get widespread twitching - now I get much less but I get lost of muscle pain. I have had lots of tests (normal) and seen a neurologist who did a very detailed assesment and said I was entirely normal and that an EMG would not be worthwhile.

The twitches got better, the pain got worse.

I get a vague fatigue and don't feel like exercise but if i have to do something i can without difficulty - although afterwards I get some stiffness - like I have had a good workout in the gymn.

The pain I get is like a vague ache which can get worse on exertion. It has faviourite spots but can occur almost anywhere. Sometimes the painful muscles are quite tender to touch. If I stand for a long time one of my legs aches.

Does this sound anything like the symptoms you have - and did your neurologist shed any more light on this?

R

Postby Craig on January 16th, 2003, 10:56 am

Hi R,

Yes, this does sound very similar to what I have been going through. I get the pain/soreness mostly in my thighs, but it comes and goes almost everywhere on my body. I also get places that are quite tender to the touch. My exercise tolerance has gone down quite a bit as well and I find that I am sore for much longer periods of time afterwards...much more so then ever before. The stiffness/fatigue also comes and goes with me, but it is especially bad if I have done anything strenuous or if I have been in one position (sitting for example) for a prolonged period of time.

The neurologist I saw at the Mayo Clinic didn't seem to think that much of it and put on my assessment that it would be beneficial for me to take up yoga. He reassured me that all my tests were completely normal and I didn't have to worry about any serious disease. One of the other neurologists I saw locally said he thought the soreness could be a result of not working out as much as I used to...kind of a catch 22 if you ask me. The only other feedback I have received about the soreness was from an endocrinologist at the Mayo Clinic who put on my assessment that I need to rule out McArdle's syndrome, but the neuro and general DR said that I didn't have McArdle's and no further testing for that was necessary.

Please let me know if you find out anything and I will be sure to post anything I find out as well.

Take care,

Craig
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Thanks

Postby R on January 16th, 2003, 2:09 pm

Thanks Craig

I will certainly tell you if I find out anything - but don't hold your breath - there seem to be very few answers with this condition.

All the best and please also do post anything else you find out.

R
R

Thanks

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS