cramping/atrophy/fasics

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

cramping/atrophy/fasics

Postby DogBone on January 6th, 2003, 1:00 pm

Folks,

I have some of what I thought was atrophy in my forearm. It is a depression in my forearm that when I put a ruler up to my arm I can read through the hole, and by the way - it does not exist on the other arm. I initially started checking myself all over after twitching everywhere!!! I found ALS on the web while checking twitching and went into a panic attack. I also have what I thought was cramping. Not to mention my arms felt fatigued and tremoring fingers and on and on.

Long story short - after seeing my GP twice, Neurologist three times, and the head of the ALS clinic for a major institution out West. And a normal EMG. They assure me that I all of these crazy symptoms are BFS. WOW -- I am blown away by the power of the mind.

The head of the ALS clinic told me that cramping literally means the what it says. I have had severe muscle pain, but turns out that the muscles do not shorten or harden and he says I would be able to see and feel them tighten up. So, he said unless you have a hardening and shortening of the muscle stopping you in your tracks then it is not cramping. So, there goes cramping.

Twitching -- I have no idea??

Fatigued arms - my brain and my constant moving them to feel if they feel weaker than they did 2 seconds ago. :lol:

Finally - the atrophy - he says it is weird, but it is not atrophy, but rather the fact that I am a slender person and you can just find more abnormalities of muscles in people where you see all of them.

So - Here I am after going through #$%$# and back.

I am speaking for myself and all of you. We need to relax and stop looking for abnormalities. Bottom line - no real profound weakness = no ALS. (Even if you are sure you have atrophy -- you do not.)

And - even if you are sure you are dying -- you are not.

Pray to God and he will deliver you from the darkness.
DogBone

Postby DogBone on January 6th, 2003, 1:26 pm

This post was mine - I am now registered.
DogBone
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on January 7th, 2003, 12:22 am

DogBone, you sound just like me in a lot of ways. Hang in there man. You're starting to see the bigger picture here. I have walked in your shoes and was sure i had atrophy, ALS cramps and so on. I do get fatigue from time to ime and tremors along with a whole host of other strange things, but they all come and go. It just depends on the day I guess.

You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. You can pull through this and beat it, just as I have and many other's have. With all of our collective help, knowledge and support, this BFS stuff can be beat, whether the twitches actually go away or not, it can still be beat.

You're on your way, so stay strong and your support and posts are appreciated by MANY other's on here, me included. :)
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS