neck crackle/ ribcage pain(Aaron)

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

neck crackle/ ribcage pain(Aaron)

Postby guest Javens on January 4th, 2003, 11:26 pm

I noticed tat in a couple of posts Aaron mentioned a weird crackling in his neck. I get the same thing. Does anyone else? I've also had pain along my sternum/ribcage for several months. I especially notice this when twisting my body. My Dr. said that I have Costochondritis. I have BCFS with a thourough, totally clean EMG.
Is this related?
guest Javens

Postby twitcher(nli) on January 5th, 2003, 2:31 am

If I turn my head from side tot side, I hear a bit of a grinding noise. If I tip my head from side to side, I hear crackling. It's worse when I first get out of bed. I always figured it was age catching up with me - at 31, heh.
When I was in my early 20s, I would get pain that would run along one side of my rib cage. It was located 2-3 inches below my sternum and right underneath my rib cage. I could almost touch the spot that hurt. Being the worrier that I am, I thought it was lung cancer. 8~) I doubt it is related to BCFS though as my BFS didn't start until I was 30.
twitcher(nli)

Postby Arron on January 5th, 2003, 8:38 pm

I have the rib cage pain as well. I think it is actually a vertabre out because sometimes my back (at exactly the same level) will also hurt.

My rib cage pain is sometimes on the left and sometimes on the right and always towards the bottom where it tapers-off into your belly, almost like something is sticking out and the rib cage (liver or something?) is pressing down on it. Other times it feels like 2 of my ribs are being pinched together. I think this is just "one of those things" and the reason some of us have it is because it is common.

Kind of like saying, "hey, I get headaches sometimes with my BFS". Well, about 90+% of the entire world get headaches and it is normal to get headahces from time to time, but it doesn't mean everyone has BFS... see what I mean?

I think the rib cage pain might be something like back pain being sent through the ribs or conducted through the ribs or something and is unrelated to the BFS. That's just my opinion anyway...
Arron

Postby guestjavens on January 7th, 2003, 11:08 am

weird aaron. that's the same rib/back pain that I get. i noticed on a post at the medhelp website that alot of people with bfs complained of rib/back pain. which part of your back do you have pain in? Mine is mostly my middle back. and also my lower ribs. I also have pain sometimes along my sternum. thanks for your reply!
guestjavens

Postby Arron on January 7th, 2003, 11:53 am

Yep, middle back and lower front rib cage is where my pain is very common in. Like I said, it feels like maybe two ribs are being pinched together or something. All I know is that it hurts. I don't think it's related to BFS though, but I have to admit, I didn't have this particular pain before until after this BFS crap started, so who knows? It's doesn't seem logical that this is related to BFS is all... maybe it is?? Who knows??
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS