New twitcher checking in

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New twitcher checking in

Postby uk_paul on January 2nd, 2003, 3:10 am

Hi, My name is Paul, a 37 year old father of two living in Surrey, England.

Since about August last year I have been experiencing a twitch in my left eyelid. A couple of weeks before Christmas, looking on the internet I worried myself finding that it may be a symptom of MND (ALS) or MS. I immediately booked a doctors appointment, and was told it may be due to stress and too much caffeine.

I spent most of the Christmas period very worried that it was more serious than this. I also have started experiencing twitching in my other eye (although strangely my first eye has almost stopped completely), constant twitching in my right leg (especially calves), random twitches in various places (thigh, arm, lips, hip) and a sort of tingling under my eyes.

The twitching in my leg is difficult to describe. It is more a tingling as though a constant small electrical current is passing though my calves.

Anyway, today I came across a couple of forums, including this one, which have given me some reassurance. I don't think I have any other symptoms such as muscle weakness, and am still able to go running, etc. So I am hopeful that what I have is BFS.

regards and hopefully a Happy New Year to us all.

Paul
uk_paul

welcome new twitcher

Postby ro dash on January 4th, 2003, 1:21 pm

Hi Paul-

It sounds like you have what we are all experiencing. These annoying twitches that have worried all of us. I have very similar symptoms as you and i have to say i have been to every doctor, have had every test, every lab done and everything has been normal. I sit here as I type and I have so much twitching in my calves. If I put my hands around my calf, I can feel the twitching and I also can see it, that is how severe it is. MY only advise to you is don't let it take over your life like I have done and so many of us have. It is something we just have to live with. Definately seek further medical attention if you develop any weakness. I check my strength almost every day-- It's truly insane what this twitching has done. Good luck
ro dash

Postby DogBone on January 6th, 2003, 1:25 pm

You symptoms sound so benign it is unbelievable. Eyelid twitches are expierenced by nearly everyone to some degree. I would get off these websites before you toungue, back, thighs, toes, fingers, and everything else starts twitching. I believe the brain a powerful thing and with minor symptoms like yours, I would certainly stop doing research. Of course, I should stop too -- I know it is not that easy :D Good luck and God bless.
DogBone
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

stress

Postby Davidd on January 7th, 2003, 10:53 pm

Paul-

Have you tried cutting out caffeine for a few weeks to see if that helps? If not, maybe give it a try. It is probably benign but eyelid twithing can be really annoying and I know that sometimes tiredness and caffeine can cause eyelid twitching.

As for me, my calves twitch all the time and I can see and feel it...it takes some getting used to, but after awhile you actually do start to get used to it.

Good luck!

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

stress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS