cramp

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

cramp

Postby Greg99 on December 30th, 2002, 6:03 pm

Hi,

Really brief post here folks. Doest anyone here get foot cramps that sort of seemed to start after you got BFS? In my case, I started twitching in my thumb, now I get little twitches all over, including my right foot which wants to cramp sometimes, ESPECIALLY at night laying in bed. Is this strange or something to be alarmed about? I don't think it's BCFS because I don't get cramps anywhere else...

Also, my twitching started in my right thumb, and has subsided twitching there the past few days, and today, up to this time (6:00pm) I haven't really had any in that thumb, hopefully that lasts all night, so how could have ALS when the twitching slowed down, and occasionally stopped in one place, and I get small twitches in other places with no weakness at all and be only 18? Seems like I probably don't have it!

GREG
Greg99

Postby Debbs on December 30th, 2002, 10:07 pm

Hi ya Greg,

We all have cramps from time to time I dont think its anything to be concerned about, your symptoms sound just like bfs as others have said without weakness there is nothing to be worried about. Your a healthy fit young man with an awesome future ahead of you! Dont let negativity rob you of living your life. Just like most of us who have had twitches I think it would be good for you to see a Neuro to put your mind totally at ease just as mine did and an EMG was not needed.

Deb
Debbs

Postby Guest on December 31st, 2002, 3:17 am

I get occassional cramping in my feet, the arches to be exact. Sometimes it's in the palms of my hands and/or the thumbs. It's hard to describe but it's cramping and it hurts...not like a muscle spasm or charlie horse, just a general cramping that hurts. I've had it last a few days then goes away. You name it, I've have the symptom. I understand how it can worry you when the symptoms are there...we all know that feeling.
Sue

Postby Guest on December 31st, 2002, 3:20 am

The above posting was from me, Susansid, a regular. Not sure why I came on as a guest :wink: Just FYI

Postby Jen on January 1st, 2003, 4:21 pm

I wouldn't be alarmed at all with the cramping. I was diagnosed with BCFS (versus BFS), so I get a LOT of cramping. A few of the charlie horse variety, but mostly very long, slow-buidling cramps. I can visually see the muscle tighten and then relax. Most of the cramps are painless, except for the foot ones. My dr perscribed Flexeril (a muscle relaxant) and it really helps lessen the cramping. I agree with Debb. I thinka visit to a neuro would help ease your mind.
Jen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS