yet another question(s)

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

yet another question(s)

Postby Greg99 on December 29th, 2002, 12:47 pm

Hi all, again!

Sorry to keep hogging up the board, but you all are such a good resource. First off, my thumb twitches have calmed down a little, now they just happen mostly at night, with a few in the day, but i have little twitches all over occasionally, other than tounge, or other "weird" areas, so it really doesn't bother me, and I think I've had these twitches forever, but since I obsessed over my thumb, I am hypersensitive to their presence now. Either way, my first question is, since my twitches are now more random, in an odd way, isn't that another indication this is bfs, and not ALS. It's weird to say that because it's like saying your getting worse, but really better, if that makes sense haha. Second, given my symptoms, twitches, no weakness, only 18 and in perfect health, will a nero most likely (don't worry, you can take a best guess, I want all opinions) give me a regulary exam, and forego an EMG?

Thanks yet again you guys!!
Greg99

Postby Guest on December 29th, 2002, 6:01 pm

Hello Gregg,

Your sypmtoms do sound like BFS. You would have profound weakness if it was ALS. You dont sound like you have ALS, you are also very young. Having twitches throughout your body is a good sign also, with ALS you would twitch in one spot until that muscle died. It is common with BFS to have twitches in random places. I had the same thing when I started, now I barely have them at all. With BFS time is on your side, it does get better, hang in there and keep your spirits up.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS