strange sensations?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

strange sensations?

Postby Brian_B on December 29th, 2002, 1:18 am

aside from the twitches I get some strange sensations once in a while, does anyone else? The ones I notice more are a feeling of like something tickeling almost like rubbing a feather against the skin, as well as like a static electricity shock feeling and then the other one is almost like a feeling of water running against the skin...anyone else have anything like that?
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

strange feelings

Postby R on December 30th, 2002, 3:29 pm

I had strange feelings on and off in one leg just above the knee for a few weeks. I couldnt find the right words to describe it to my neurologist - but it sounds a bit similar. It got worse and developed into strange buzzing/vibrations - like you will hear people on this site describe. One day its stopped and it has not come back.
R

Postby Jen on January 1st, 2003, 4:25 pm

I get those odd feelings too. The one that feels like water is running down my leg is the weirdest. No matter how many times it happens in a single day, I keep looking down to brush the water, or feather-feeling, away. When it happens, it seems to happen frequently for a day or so, and then just go away. On bad days I will get the buzzing/vibration feeling. I never let these sensations worry me anymore. With so many people in these forums describing the same sensations, I feel assured that it's just a part of BFS and nothing more.
Jen

Postby javensguest on January 1st, 2003, 5:47 pm

wow...I was just thinking to myself yesterday...it feels like my legs are kid of wet. They werent but that is a wierd sensation.
javensguest

Postby SoJerseyMom on January 10th, 2003, 12:19 pm

Brian, I have the water feeling too. Also, sometimes my legs or arms feel "prickly", like static electricity. These feelings started before my twitches.
SoJerseyMom

Postby Jen on January 12th, 2003, 2:21 am

SoJerseyMom, I get those prickly feelings too. I sometimes get a burning sensation as well. The prickly feeling comes first, followed by the burning feeling hours or a day or so later. Does anyone else get this burning feeling? It's almost as if the nerve is irritated.
Jen

Postby SoJerseyMom on January 12th, 2003, 8:17 pm

Yep, I've had the burning feeling a few times. Fortunately, it doesn't last very long.
SoJerseyMom

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS